Before and After Boot Camp

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]n95rk wrote:
Rice crispies[/quote]

You know, I wish I had thought of this sooner.[/quote]

I love getting me some organic puffed rice and mixing it with unsweetened almond milk, chocolate protein powder and some PB.

The Marine Corps bases a lot of shit off of looks. You may be made guide just because you’re bigger and stronger that most of the guys there. If you have a platoon of about 30 people, its not going to be a good time. And if you’re guide you’ll have the least amount of time eat. Are you going east or west coast?

Nice build. =)

Lookin solid man. Eat everything on your plate and in your MRE whether or not it looks good. Even the skittles. The main thing is make sure you don’t get injured or sick. Some guys spend 6-9 months there due to injuries. The less amount of time spent there the sooner you can get back in the gym.

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]n95rk wrote:
Rice crispies[/quote]

You know, I wish I had thought of this sooner.[/quote]

I love getting me some organic puffed rice and mixing it with unsweetened almond milk, chocolate protein powder and some PB.[/quote]

That… sounds delicious.

Solid physique and numbers for 18 years old, especially back. Youll be impressive in a couple years if you keep it up

I’d really work on that run time.Try to get it down to 18 min for three miles.U.S.M.C site has some hit programs up the last time I looked.You will be doing a whole lot of mountain climbers so do those also,and a lot of them,till you are just about to puke.We did an exercise they called 6 and 90’s.Basically you lay on the ground pick feet up of ground 6in hold for an ungodly amount of time then move legs to almost 90 degrees then back to 6in…do those it will help The quarter deck will be your friend for a while hehehe.I gained over 25 pounds in boot camp and was concrete hard head to toe.Went in at about 165 came out 190 lean an friggin mean…Your size you most certainly be made a squad/platoon leader or guide.Hold the position all the way through and you might get a promotion to pfc out of boot.

I’m back from boot camp. I did alright. I didn’t finish as squad leader; I’m whack at drill and have no prior experience of being a leader at anything. Initial pft was 27 pull-ups, 19:56 3 mile, and 102 crunches at 196 pounds. Final pft was 24 pull-ups, 19:50 3 mile, and 113 crunches at 188 pounds. I didn’t get to pt much during the cycle-me and the other buff guy were always made gear guards during pt, so we had to pt ourselves after lights. I was good at humps. I carried the company guidon for them all. Field week and the crucible were the funnest parts for me. I’ll post pics and measurements next.

Back

Front

Side

calves 15.5
thighs 23
butt 40
belly button 32.5
chest/lats 42
neck 16.5
biceps 15.5
forearms 13

[quote]wildman2 wrote:
I’d really work on that run time.Try to get it down to 18 min for three miles.U.S.M.C site has some hit programs up the last time I looked.You will be doing a whole lot of mountain climbers so do those also,and a lot of them,till you are just about to puke.We did an exercise they called 6 and 90’s.Basically you lay on the ground pick feet up of ground 6in hold for an ungodly amount of time then move legs to almost 90 degrees then back to 6in…do those it will help The quarter deck will be your friend for a while hehehe.I gained over 25 pounds in boot camp and was concrete hard head to toe.Went in at about 165 came out 190 lean an friggin mean…Your size you most certainly be made a squad/platoon leader or guide.Hold the position all the way through and you might get a promotion to pfc out of boot.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I rarely got IT and whenever I did it was way shorter than everyone else. I had to quarterdeck myself after lights to stay in shape.
Yes I was made a squad leader in 1st phase for doing 27 pullups. That didnt last long though. I got a lot of IT that day.