T Nation

Before & After: 5.15.08 - 10.31.08

This is my first post, so please be gentle :-). I have been a lurker for a while now, and I think I finally have something worth posting.
Like some of you, I am a big gaming fan. So my goal for Halloween this year was to be Kratos from the game God of War. Taking a good look at myself earlier this year, I knew I sure didn’t look like Kratos.

I have been always trying to ‘cut’ but never really doing it. I knew I was not in the low bf range, but if I just lost a couple pounds, I would be set. Looking back? I was far from right. I definitely underestimated the amount of muscle I had because it was nicely surrounded by a healthy helping of fat.

My quest for Kratos began shortly after following Gus’ transformation. He is amazing. His determination, willpower, and positive attitude led me to believe that, “If he could do this, I have no excuses.” My GF, who is amazingly supportive, chose to follow exactly what I was going to do (or maybe she just didnot want to see me lose weight while she didn’t :-))
The diet:

V-Diet & Precision Nutrition Principles afterward

The workouts:
Do the workouts CW & CTT created for Gus during his transformation.
Results:
208 lbs
Approx 18-20% bf
170lbs (after water manipulation) 174 before
Approx: 9-10%
Total lbs lost: 34 (38 after water manipulation).
Fat 26.3
Muscle 7.7

[photo]18659[/photo] [photo]18660[/photo] [photo]18661[/photo]
[photo]18655[/photo] [photo]18656[/photo] [photo]18657[/photo]
[photo]18654[/photo]

Current goal is do the Beast Building Program by CT and eat like I don’t give a damn. Without T-Nation and the people on the forums (shout out to Gus!), there would be no way I’d be in the current state I’m in.
Any sort of feedback/things I should work on would be great.
Thank you all!
-JT

Great job there, well done indeed. I would take it easy on the “eat like I don’t give a damn” comments though, they’ll only get you in trouble around here! Bulking or not! Keep pushing, and god speed to you.
Z-man.

i promise i wont make fun of you if you post more pics of your girlfriend

who’s the lady?

He has a freakishly long torso.

Angle of the pics for the most part…but yes, he has a long torso.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
He has a freakishly long torso.
[/quote]

Thanks Ya’ll for the feedback. I blame my mom for the long torso and short legs… but thats good for deadlifts right?

The lady in question is my gf. She has her own profile on figure athlete as nanasarieh

-JT

[quote]holio wrote:
Thanks Ya’ll for the feedback. I blame my mom for the long torso and short legs… but thats good for deadlifts right?

[/quote]

You should start swimming/playing waterpolo.

Great transformation, keep up the good work man! Your lady friend sure is purty.

i liek the costume from a video game i cant place but its pretty BA the long torso thing looks like that godly like low rise jeans type, weird how much our proportions change things

That costume is badass man, God of War ftw! fyi your girlfriend is hot, feel free to pm me nudes. Oh and nice work :slight_smile:

Yeah the God of War costume is sweet, you get a high vote just for that.

AWESOME costume, decent transformation as well. I give the physique a 4 but the transformation an 8. Good job.

[quote]RMorrison wrote:
AWESOME costume, decent transformation as well. I give the physique a 4 but the transformation an 8. Good job. [/quote]

i’d have to agree, good stuff buddy and great costume

Thanks! For those interested, another Kratos pic and my hot gf:
[photo]18720[/photo]
[photo]18719[/photo]
Enjoy.

I’ll give your girl a 10.

Nice leg work man! Kudos on the Kratos.

more kratos?

awesome transformation!! dude…ur bod is looooooong

perhaps he is wearing his shorts super super low which makes his back look longer? not to say his back isn’t long but y’know… clothing can be deceiving