Beer!

I had a few Yuenglings with a figure competitor friend of mine last night, but my regular beer is Sam Adams.

[quote]supermick wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
I love beer! I drink the piss water Coors light and Heineken. I love both of those in a frozen mug. MMMMMMMMM beeeer.

I also like the Samuel Adams varieties, Abita Amber and light, and Red Stripe.

coors light is not beer now go and hang your head in shame and sit in the naughty corner.[/quote]

Oooh yea another European yappin about how Coors Light isn’t beer! Tastes like water and gets you drunk, I fail to see anything that remotely says “Problem” here. Its America’s beer…its cheap but it does the job, even though you may wake up with a fat chick and a headache. But its not the destination, its the journey that’s important.

Its better than you Englishman, microwaving your Bass then sipping it for three days :wink:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

Its better than you Englishman, microwaving your Bass then sipping it for three days ;)[/quote]

That is absolutely disgusting. Hot beer is nasty and is guaranteed to bloat the fuck out of you.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
That is absolutely disgusting. Hot beer is nasty and is guaranteed to bloat the fuck out of you.[/quote]

Especially when you pour it on your cereal the morning after a big night on the piss.

Tough to beat TEXAS SHINER BOCK! Only available in TEXAS so get your tail down here and try some.

Shiner Bock.

[quote]
Its better than you Englishman, microwaving your Bass then sipping it for three days ;)[/quote]

no its not. The concept of warm beer is a false one.
Have you ever been to the UK?
If so where the hell did you get a “warm” beer from?

[quote]Massif wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
That is absolutely disgusting. Hot beer is nasty and is guaranteed to bloat the fuck out of you.

Especially when you pour it on your cereal the morning after a big night on the piss.
[/quote]

Oh jeez, now that is just sick.

[quote]supermick wrote:

Its better than you Englishman, microwaving your Bass then sipping it for three days :wink:

If so where the hell did you get a “warm” beer from?[/quote]

I’m just kiddin man.

But that tends to be the general conception over here, that the English drink their beer warm. Now, warm to you may mean “hot”, but warm to me means, “not ice-fuckin-cold”. It could be just an urban legend, but I’ve heard it more than once.

supermick wrote:

I’m just kiddin man.

But that tends to be the general conception over here, that the English drink their beer warm. Now, warm to you may mean “hot”, but warm to me means, “not ice-fuckin-cold”. It could be just an urban legend, but I’ve heard it more than once.

[/quote]

I was told by family that lived in Germany that they drank their beer room temp. Ewww. That thick ass shit warm? No way!

supermick wrote:

I’m just kiddin man.

[/quote]

you cant have a real ale ice cold. It gets “pulled” through a drought (draft) system and is cold but not freezing. Most Americans i spoke to that have sampled our real ales over here like them. Got a lot more body and flavour as in my opinion a lot of beers (Your light beers) have a similar taste and only several stand out.

Maybe we do have warm beer then :frowning:

I like Pilsner and dark lagers. If I see one more jackass bringing light beer to a party I swear to God I will open every single bottle and pee inside of it.

[quote]Steamroller wrote:
Tough to beat TEXAS SHINER BOCK! Only available in TEXAS so get your tail down here and try some.[/quote]

It would be great to make a road trip down to shiner tx and see their beer plant. I heard you get free samples

Lagers are alright with me. Miller is becoming piss beer for me. Here in the PHils, we don’t have that much variety for me, but one good beer is Red Horse, its about 7.5%proof. I’d love to try the Bavarian beers!

Newcastle is my go-to favorite. Pilsner Urquell is good stuff too. I really like all of the Czech brews. On the home front, I really like good ole Dixie and most of the Abitas. Shiner is good stuff too.

Don’t even get me started on single malts…

I am a bona-fide beer geek, and so cant say which my favorite beer is, so I will just list the last 5 that I have drank:

1. Anchor Steam
  2. Rogue Festive Ale
  3. Mad Brewer Maibock (from a brewpub, church brew works)
  4. Penance Porter, cask conditioned (also from church, and i tried a small sample of the same beer served off a regular draft, and it was like night and day)
  5. McEwans Scotch Ale

I could talk about beer all night.

[quote]Konstantine wrote:
Just wondering who among the guys here drink beer by choice and what brand/s have you tried and what are you favorites?

I like Budweiser and San Miguel … i’m looking forward to trying Foster’s[/quote]

Hope you’re not going to go to Australia to try Fosters. We hate that beer so much we export it.

Good Aussie beers are Coopers Pale Ale, James Boags (any), Cascade Four Seasons (Summer Blonde is the best). THe rest I like are a little more boutique and hard to get outside of Western Australia.

I tried some American beers once, and vowed that I would drink real beer from then on. No wonder you drink shots of whiskey with the stuff, get rid of that awefull taste.

[quote]Konstantine wrote:
I like Budweiser and San Miguel … i’m looking forward to trying Foster’s[/quote]
If I was on fire I wouldn’t want you to put me out with Foster’s.

Arrogent Bastard!! one of my fav’s

Duvel trappist

Bass

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

The list goes on!

La’
Redsol1

Newcastle is good stuff… Red Stripe and Corona w/ lime if I’m at the beach. I like Resurrection cause it tastes good and has a high alcohol percentage, although anyone outside of Baltimore probably hasn’t heard of it… which is a shame.