Beer!

Just wondering who among the guys here drink beer by choice and what brand/s have you tried and what are you favorites?

I like Budweiser and San Miguel … i’m looking forward to trying Foster’s

I love a good beer. I really enjoy belgian beer personally, but i can also get down with The Beast if need be.
Some of my favorites:
Hoegaarden - one of the best
Alagash White
pretty much anything from Bells Brewery in Kalamazoo, MI
Samuel Smith Taddy Porter
Chimay

~just a few worth checking out for now…

You’ve added more to my beers to try list. Have you tried San Miguel?

[quote]WVN wrote:
I love a good beer. I really enjoy belgian beer personally, but i can also get down with The Beast if need be.
Some of my favorites:
Hoegaarden - one of the best
Alagash White
pretty much anything from Bells Brewery in Kalamazoo, MI
Samuel Smith Taddy Porter
Chimay

~just a few worth checking out for now…[/quote]

Yuengling and John Courage are my two favorites.

Cant beat a properly served Guinness.

Here in the UK Continental beer and lagers are fortunatly becomming the norm.

Id recommend BUDVAR - also super budvar

san miguel is good. So So for a european beer.

Superbock of portugal is good.

For “real ales” Bombadier - a traditional English beer is good.
Stella artois - when served on drought.

I hate Hoeergarden (sp) - tastes like dish water.

I love beer! I drink the piss water Coors light and Heineken. I love both of those in a frozen mug. MMMMMMMMM beeeer.

I also like the Samuel Adams varieties, Abita Amber and light, and Red Stripe.

Negra Modello

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
I love beer! I drink the piss water Coors light and Heineken. I love both of those in a frozen mug. MMMMMMMMM beeeer.

I also like the Samuel Adams varieties, Abita Amber and light, and Red Stripe.[/quote]

coors light is not beer now go and hang your head in shame and sit in the naughty corner.

I’ve drank most every major american brew. So I usually get down drinking bud, budlight, bud select or keystone light. Amber bock, honey brown, killians always get green lights too.

As far as other beers. Well a Franceskaner Light or Dark always makes me a happy man. The only problem is I can’t find it locally. Pilsner Urquil is good too.

I’ve always hated heineken, grolsch and even Vitamin G (guinness).

[quote]supermick wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:

I also like the Samuel Adams varieties, Abita Amber and light, and Red Stripe.

coors light is not beer now go and hang your head in shame and sit in the naughty corner.[/quote]

Atleast he recognizes that it is piss water. Most american beers are.

[quote]supermick wrote:

[/quote]

VERY true but also tought to find. Usually over chilled and poured for shit.

I second the Negra Modela as well. for lighter beers. Lager etc. Moose Head isnt half bad.

Ive put down more Bud than I care to try and remember but for sure not something Im going for when looking for a good beer.

Tons of nice DARK beers in Colorado at the various Micro brews as well.

[quote]supermick wrote:

coors light is not beer now go and hang your head in shame and sit in the naughty corner.[/quote]

Sure it’s beer. Just not the stout, dark beers most others are used to. I like it a lot. That’s what I drink when I know I’m gonna have more than a few. It’s the best American lite beer imo. And I’m not ashamed one bit.

Fosters is way overrated, Cascade and Boags beer from Tasmania are top beers, so is Coopers a south australian beer.

Leinenkugels Creamy Dark

[quote]supermick wrote:

Here in the UK Continental beer and lagers are fortunatly becomming the norm.

Id recommend BUDVAR - also super budvar

san miguel is good. So So for a european beer.

Superbock of portugal is good.

For “real ales” Bombadier - a traditional English beer is good.
Stella artois - when served on drought.

I hate Hoeergarden (sp) - tastes like dish water.[/quote]

I second the Budvar. This is actually the Original Budweiser recipe from the Czech Republic. It is formerly known as Budweis until Anheuser-Busch made them change it.

Also try Staropramen, Pilsner Urquell (First Pilsner ever made), Kastrel (light and Dark), Frankenmuth German style Pilsner is good too.

Guiness is always good. I love Black and Tans. I have also had Guiness mixed with Woodchuck Cider. That was tasty.

TR

[quote]campdirector wrote:
Leinenkugels Creamy Dark[/quote]

Leinies is always a good choice!!

TR

I’ve brewed my own in past and like a good porter or stout. My flat out favorite bottled “beer” lately is New Belgium’s 1554.

im aware you have light and dark beers in the US - whereas “beer” is a more generic term over here. We have ciders, lagers, ales - more of a traditional beer, stouts (Guinness etc).

Since more and more australian themed bars are the norm over here its good to try and sample some of there beers and whereas there good, i wouldnt put em on par with the European stuff.

Fav dark : Warsteiner , guiness would be a #2

Fav light: Miller light

Delirium Noel, only available around xmas time.
I love belgian beer.
Chimay is another favorite. It’s brewed by trappist monks.