Beer Thread

Shiner Bock or Shiner Black. Everything else is piss.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
This thread makes me sad[/quote]

why would that be?

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
PBR.[/quote]

FTMFW! LOL

Gotta luv the Magic Hat #9

There’s a place in Northern VA called Sweetwater Tavern and they brew some GOOD fucking beer.

Guinness sponsored my old rugby team, so guess what I drank a lot of? out of boots, off of backs, between tits, out of trophy cups, you name it. I want to do a flaming land shark now.

I’m thirsty.

[quote]andrew_live wrote:

why would that be? [/quote]

The poor man is ALLERGIC. This thread must be like TORTURE to him. NateDawg, we luv you, man!

I’ll drink one for you, buddy!

Kokanee is a fav of mine.

More kokanee please…

XX and only XX

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
XX and only XX[/quote]

Stay thirsty, my friends

kokanee or lucky.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]andrew_live wrote:

why would that be? [/quote]

The poor man is ALLERGIC. This thread must be like TORTURE to him. NateDawg, we luv you, man!

I’ll drink one for you, buddy!

[/quote]

Haha. Thanks. Redbridge is ok but it doesn’t compare :frowning:

I miss me some #9

I’m a proud Stone junkie.

I don’t drink anymore, but when I did I couldn’t get enough Sierra Nevada. Pale Ale, Porter, Stout, Wheat beer, seasonals (Bigfoot Ale; 9.6 5%alcv, Summer Fest, Brown Ale, Celebration Ale, Pale Bock). It’s brewed up here in Chico so here they also have Crystal Wheat, which is only available in town.

Craft beer is a hobby for my wife and I. We go to beer dinners, beer tastings, beer festivals, etc. Here’s a picture from a BA (BeerAdvocate.com) meetup we attended last weekend. We always line up the railing at this particular guy’s house when we do tastings there. The idea is to be able to taste everything, so most people are just getting a 2oz. pour of each beer, in an effort to stay sober enough to keep sampling. No one person drank any of these beers.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs230.snc4/38861_420962245757_775050757_4641858_2195594_n.jpg

Meant to inbed the pic…

Here’s the beer list from that night…

Collaboration not Litigation
Guinness Foreign Extra
Sculpin
…Abyss 2007
Firestone Walker 12
Nor Easter batch 4
Wisconsin Belgian Red
Alaskan Smoked Porter 2007
Pliny the Elder
RR Redemption
Half Acre She-Wolf
Perfect Storm 2009
Bourbon County Coffee Stout
Bell’s Batch 9000
Pretty Things St. Boltophs Brown
Surly Cynic Ale 2x
Surly Brutal Bitter
GI Juliet
Popskull
Blackout Stout
Daisy Cutter
Hof ten Dormaal Blonde
RR Consecration
Haandbakk
Vishnu’s Vice
Oude Tart
Stone Cali-Belgique growler
Sawyer’s Tripel
Westbrook Flanders Red
Westbrook Flanders Red dry hopped
Westbrook Berliner Weisse 2x
Westbrook Uberbier 18%
Westbrook Uberbier cocoa-vanilla-chili
Westbrook Belgian Amber
Westbrook Belgian Amber 100% brett
Westbrook 100% brett Belgian Blonde
Growler of Bell’s Poolside
Night Stalker
Lindeman’s Faro
Growler of Southern Hemisphere w/ Randall Cascade hops
Southern Hemisphere
Founders Breakfast Stout
KBS
Highland Imperial Mocha Stout
Double Crooked Tree
Terrapin BoomShaka Lager
Firestone Parabola
La Folie 2010
Green Flash Le Freak

Here’s a shot of my wife’s tasting glass at the 2010 Charleston Brewvival beer festival. I’m pretty sure that’s New Belgium’s Love in the glass, an outstanding Flander’s Red Ale.

This is a picture my wife took last night after we poured a couple of glasses of Black and Blue. My wife’s a photographer…so I have a lot of beer pics.

Black and Blue is a Belgian-style Golden Ale fermented with blackberries and blueberries. It’s dosed with real, pureed blackberries and blueberries which allow the fruit flavors and aromas to be woven into the actual taste of the beer.

I thought of T-Nation when we picked up a growler of Widmer’s new DIPA…Deadlift Double India Pale Ale.

MMMMMMmmmmm…I look forward the release of Bell’s Hopslam every year.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
PBR.[/quote]

FTMFW! LOL

Gotta luv the Magic Hat #9

There’s a place in Northern VA called Sweetwater Tavern and they brew some GOOD fucking beer.

Guinness sponsored my old rugby team, so guess what I drank a lot of? out of boots, off of backs, between tits, out of trophy cups, you name it. I want to do a flaming land shark now.

I’m thirsty.[/quote]

Irish Car Bomb is what you need.

Label close up