Beer for Bulking

I was being facetious about working out drunk.

I guess the other guy won the bet.

Franco Columbo recommends that a bodybuilder have a beer with breakfast and dinner each day. Food for thought.

[quote]forevernade wrote:
As a skinny bastard looking for hidden calories, similar to Arnold’s early days, could you use beer as a bulking device post workout?

On another note, what’s your opinion? Milk or beer for men?

‘Milk is for babies, beer is for men’

‘To help bulk, you should try drinking a gallon of milk a day’[/quote]

Why make this an either/or?

You could combine both and use it as your breakfast/pre/post workout superdrink! You could call it meer! Or bilk!

[quote]Digity wrote:
I want to try working out drunk just once for the experience…too bad I have to drive to my gym.[/quote]

Ha ha yea I wouldnt suggest any overhead movements…anyways yea beer and bulking or anything exercise related=bad idea I cant even believe we are debating it.

As far as working out while exercising, I ran track in college and we used to do this thing in the offseason. Go out to the track and break into relay teams. Two teams of 4 and one person from each team with start by chugging down a beer and then run a lap then the next guy would go. Losing team had to finish a pitcher. Our times were surprisingly fast considering.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
Franco Columbo recommends that a bodybuilder have a beer with breakfast and dinner each day. Food for thought.[/quote]

WTF!?

I wouldn’t use beer as a staple of your diet. Just use as a weekend indulgence.

I tell ya…2 or 3 years bulking with beer as a staple…you’d be bigger alright.

This guy had great success bulking with beer, so I’m on the fence now with this whole debate.

If this is true, then it just illustrates the difference between natural and drug assisted bodybuilding. Try and a heavy leg workout, then go on the lash and see how your legs feel the next day (the answer is like they’ve been smashed with a sledge hammer).

Having said that, I’ve had some crazy workouts with a hangover. But beer for muscle bulk, no way.

beer is really not clean food lol…it would do nothing for your body composition besides make it worse…on that note…I love beer…and I love the effect of it…so get drunk.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
forevernade wrote:
As a skinny bastard looking for hidden calories, similar to Arnold’s early days, could you use beer as a bulking device post workout?

On another note, what’s your opinion? Milk or beer for men?

‘Milk is for babies, beer is for men’

‘To help bulk, you should try drinking a gallon of milk a day’

Why make this an either/or?

You could combine both and use it as your breakfast/pre/post workout superdrink! You could call it meer! Or bilk![/quote]

SQUATS AND BILK!!!

Just doesn’t have the same ring to it. Kinda sounds like you’re throwing up, actually.

[quote]Otep wrote:
SQUATS AND BILK!!!

Just doesn’t have the same ring to it. Kinda sounds like you’re throwing up, actually.[/quote]

I did that once.

sometimes me and my friends would spend a saturday drinking beer and lifting… its a good time. probably not the best training but we’d sure as hell be sore the next day.

I recently tried a pint of beer PWO and I didn’t feel “more” recovered at all. I think there’s better places to get your carbs than from beer.

[quote]Digity wrote:
I recently tried a pint of beer PWO and I didn’t feel “more” recovered at all. I think there’s better places to get your carbs than from beer.[/quote]

It’s the same as with BCAAs. If you don’t megadose pre- and post-workout, you won’t feel much in the sense of results.