T Nation

Been to Planet Fitness Twice This Wk

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
Doubledown wrote:
and the lunk alarm has gone off 4 times.

My company got us all memberships and the gym itself is basically right across the street. I like to go over there late in the afternoon to lift.

Anyway, it went off twice on Monday for guys banging weights. I didn’t see anyone get a “talking to” or get removed from the gym.

Today somebody was doing deads and the impact with the floor between reps was apparently too loud. They even fired it up for a loud moan that somebody did in the middle of the gym.

That nonsense aside, it’s not a terrible gym, but they are light on free weights, benches and places to do pull ups.

My weak ass maxed out the dumbbells (75lbs) doing incline presses today. I had hoped they went to at least 85.

It’s not Golds, but it’s free and only a short walk from my office, so I can’t complain too much.

You’ve been a member for almost 7 years, and can only DB incline the 75lb’ers?[/quote]

I’m not that strong.

It’s hardly been 7 years of training. I’m on and off big time.

But thanks for the support. :wink:

I love lifting, but I’m not a bodybuilder or a powerlifter.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I think the complaint is that a fitness facility actively discourages the pursuit of fitness by encouraging its members to tattle on one another for things like grunting. I can see a gym promoting a non judgmental atmosphere, but PF does the opposite.

And HolyMac’s a fucking liar. [/quote]

but everybody here knows that they dont really mean “non judjemental” .

“non judgemental” means NOT INTIMIDATING …and everybody knows that also .

that type of facility is for members with less than stellar goals . thats obvious .

so why keep bringin’ it up ?

negetive shit like that just gets in your way if you think about it all the time.

[quote]Doubledown wrote:
Stuntman Mike wrote:
Doubledown wrote:
and the lunk alarm has gone off 4 times.

My company got us all memberships and the gym itself is basically right across the street. I like to go over there late in the afternoon to lift.

Anyway, it went off twice on Monday for guys banging weights. I didn’t see anyone get a “talking to” or get removed from the gym.

Today somebody was doing deads and the impact with the floor between reps was apparently too loud. They even fired it up for a loud moan that somebody did in the middle of the gym.

That nonsense aside, it’s not a terrible gym, but they are light on free weights, benches and places to do pull ups.

My weak ass maxed out the dumbbells (75lbs) doing incline presses today. I had hoped they went to at least 85.

It’s not Golds, but it’s free and only a short walk from my office, so I can’t complain too much.

You’ve been a member for almost 7 years, and can only DB incline the 75lb’ers?

I’m not that strong.

It’s hardly been 7 years of training. I’m on and off big time.

But thanks for the support. :wink:

I love lifting, but I’m not a bodybuilder or a powerlifter.
[/quote]

Not hatin, if you’ve been ‘hardcore’ for 7 years it might be a little funny, but you do your thang brutha

Apparently you don’t love it all that much if you are so on and off.

Yea, its like a gym for elementary school hall monitors. They put the treadmillers behind the free weights so they can monitor the “lifters”.

On a side note I heard the only working out Holy Mac does is Pilates, just sayin

[quote]Papa Nick wrote:
Yea, its like a gym for elementary school hall monitors. They put the treadmillers behind the free weights so they can monitor the “lifters”.

On a side note I heard the only working out Holy Mac does is Pilates, just sayin[/quote]

its actually Yoga-laties

i swear to god, once i make this god-forsaken video, i’m going to drive to each one of your houses and take a hot steamer in the middle of your freaking living rooms

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
AverageGuy wrote:
Whats the lunk alarm?

[/quote]

D:

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Apparently you don’t love it all that much if you are so on and off.[/quote]

I love ice cream, beer and pussy too, but I don’t do those all the time either.

[quote]Papa Nick wrote:

On a side note I heard the only working out Holy Mac does is Pilates, just sayin[/quote]

I heard Phony Mac’s “lifting partner” is just some random chick on YouTube, just sayin.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
i swear to god, once i make this god-forsaken video, i’m going to drive to each one of your houses and take a hot steamer in the middle of your freaking living rooms[/quote]

Shut the fuck up, Phony Fakerony (Totally liar-ony? Baloney Deceiver-ony?).
YOU are the one who was talking up a fucking storm about doing that video.
Said you and fishtuna were gonna go to planet fitness and tear the place apart.
Fishtuna was going to practice his legendary 40 yard 14 second dash and his back flip (more like seizure) and you were going to go to the aerobics class.
You lied, son. YOU lied.

i swear to god, once i make this god-forsaken video, i’m going to drive to each one of your houses and take a hot steamer in the middle of your freaking living rooms[/quote]

Will there be a video of that HolyMac?

you don’t do the things you say you will and that makes me sad :frowning:

Can you skip the Planet Fitness thing and just do this instead?

It’s cool guys, he has to make the god-forsaken video first, and since it’s looking like [i]THAT[/i] ain’t ever gonna happen I think our living rooms will be hot steamer free for a long, long time :slight_smile:

I go to Planet fitness in Ny and have never seen the lunk alarm set off!!

Since my last gym up and closed with no warning, I’m going to a PF because it’s only $10 a month and no contract. 2 days ago I loaded a bar with 315 for some deads, and literally everyone in the gym stopped to stare at me then at the lunk alarm then back at me. When I didn’t slam the weights down like 3 people “awwwwed” because the alarm didn’t go off.

I’m wanna load the smith machine with 10 plates, un-lock the catches, and let the fucker fall to see if I can set it off.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
Since my last gym up and closed with no warning, I’m going to a PF because it’s only $10 a month and no contract. 2 days ago I loaded a bar with 315 for some deads, and literally everyone in the gym stopped to stare at me then at the lunk alarm then back at me. When I didn’t slam the weights down like 3 people “awwwwed” because the alarm didn’t go off.

I’m wanna load the smith machine with 10 plates, un-lock the catches, and let the fucker fall to see if I can set it off. [/quote]

haha the part where everyone “awwwed” in disappointment made me laugh. I just pictured some awkward moment happening like something out of a John Hughes movie

more lies?

Phony-fakerony will never get the video up, leave steamers in living rooms, or MMF.