Been on TRT for 5 Weeks and I'm Very Worried

Testosterone, estrogen, insulin and thyroid hormones bind to SHBG, SHBG is a protein created in the liver and secreted into the bloodstream where fulfills its biological function, which is the transport of sex steroids hormones. SHBG levels are one of the most critical hormones that regulates the access of these hormones to their target tissues, where it can even regulate testosterone action.

Low SHBG is associated with metabolic syndrome and diabetes, so low SHBG is not healthy. You only need so much Free T, men can have high SHBG and still have plenty of Free T in circulation. To have confidence you need adequate testosterone, low T men often are mentally weak and easily frightened because hormones are low.

I stopped TRT 3 months ago to rebuild my iron stores and have noticed less confidence.

Thank you for the replies,
So do I still need to take HCG as its pretty apperant that I canā€™t have kids sadlyā€¦ Due to those resultsā€¦ I mean whatā€™s stopping me from doing a body builder dose for 12 weeks and then going back to trt dose? I only took it to help me but looks like itā€™s ruining meā€¦

I would start TRT in isolation, if you start TRT with a bunch of other compounds you will not know what is causing problems, reason I say this is a lot of men do not do well on HCG, itā€™s a tool used when looking to have children. You can always revisit it at a later date and even use FSH injections to improve fertility.

Your prolactin is sky high! Maybe the reason your erections arent great. Should look further into why.

I didnā€™t see that, I thought it was 139. TRT can increase prolactin is some men and needs to be dealt with or erections will never happen.

My glasses are for distance.

The little red Xā€™s help us old guys! LOL

Iā€™ve asked to be put on medication for it, every blood test itā€™s risen by 400!

Has an MRI been considered?

With PRL that high you def want to get an MRI and rule out a tumor. Elevated PRL from TRT or mediation isnā€™t usually that high from what Iā€™ve read.

What meds? Cabergoline is the one we all refer to, that or Pramipexole

Get some P5P. No doctor, just Amazon. It can help while you are working on getting your doctor to treat one of your hilariously-glaring problems that evidently he/she does not want to address.

Do you guys think this is the reason Iā€™m not getting morning wood? If I were to come off trt completely or do a 8 week ā€œblastā€ of 500mg of test would I be able to come off trt and try to stay off it forever, been on for 6 weeks so far. Also is cabergoline easy to get/prescribed

High prolactin means no wood until you treat the high prolactin, cabergoline is the go to treatment for high prolactin. Your levels were low pre-TRT and if you stop injecting T your levels will drop back down to baseline and you will feel like crap.

TRT has increased your prolactin and needs to be treated, or else forget about erections. There is no world where you have erections and feel normal without TRT.

Iā€™m based in the UK, is cabergoline easy to get? Iā€™ve been in contact with my trt prescriber but all I get is, Iā€™ll pass it onto a doctor :sob:

Relatively easy, it would be malpractice to leave it untreated. High prolactin can cause nipple discharge in men, also high prolactin can also result in weight gain and neuropsychological disturbances.

Iā€™m not feeling any side effects as such, no discharge at all, no head aches and vision is fine. I thibk itā€™s just a mental effect at the moment and also the no minting wood. If I were to do a ā€œblastā€ would it raise even more knowing Iā€™ll probably be on trt for life, also is cabergoline a life long commitment?

Iā€™ve just booked in with a private medical serviceā€¦ Whatā€™s the chances Iā€™ll get prescribed cabergoline?

Just come out of private gp. Basically told me to come off the test and hope it goes back to nornal.

How do I get cabergoline? Please help.

You need it prescribed or catch the plane and come to Bulgaria, there are cheap flights. I will get it for you from the pharmacy it costs 20 pounds here :smiley:

Damnā€¦ I mean my prolactin is surely only going to go up isnā€™t it. Iā€™m thibking about just buying it illegally but wonā€™t know the acfusl stuff inside of itā€¦