T Nation

Been on trt 1yr, Want to Start First Cycle

I’m also on trt @ 180-200mg Test E pw. If your going to run a blast no matter what anyone tells you, I would suggest something like this a couple times per year.

Week 1-4 375mg Test E
Week 5-8 500mg
Week 9-12 375mg
Week 13 … Back to your normal trt dosage.
.25mg Arimidex eod throughout.

It’s a conservative low dosage cycle but seems to be working well for me with no sides. Just make sure your upping the calories during the 12 weeks and you should keep most of your gains. Good luck man!

[quote]MuscleupFreak wrote:
Yeah would like to keep the doc for sure…hope i can make decent gains in 8wks??..if i used test prop still same dose 500mg a week? I would split it 250 2x a week…

As far as eating i eat as much as possible and take shakes but i have been Stuck at the 160-165lb mark[/quote]

You are not getting it. If you can’t eat enough to maintain a higher bodyweight you won’t gain much mass on cycle. You will lose it after that and be back to 160-165lbs.

What is the point of cycling if you are going to be back to exactly where you started prior to the cycle? At 160-165lbs?

Or do you just like carrying around extra water weight for a couple of months out of a year?

Well seems i need to dial in my eatin first…ive dealt with anxiety for 20yrs and its alot easier on meds (not that anyone cares) but i had some sides i wouod rather not and coming off was the worst thing ive ever had to do withdrawls were killer…tha ks for the help and input im working towards eating as much as possible hopefully 3500 as i know thats what i need to gain…i was using my fitness pal app to track and will use it again.

It’s not that no one cares about your anxiety problems.

The fact is to see results, you need to be able to consume enough calories regardless of whether you have these problems or not, or you’ll just be wasting your time.

If you have trouble eating, try blending high calorie shakes. A simple blend of oats, peanut butter, protein powder and milk can give you up to 1000 calories.

Thanks bro appreciate the help…im gonna try those shakes out. Started trackin again using fitnesspal app ill keep u guys posted.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
It’s not that no one cares about your anxiety problems.

The fact is to see results, you need to be able to consume enough calories regardless of whether you have these problems or not, or you’ll just be wasting your time.

If you have trouble eating, try blending high calorie shakes. A simple blend of oats, peanut butter, protein powder and milk can give you up to 1000 calories.[/quote]

This is what I do as well. Helps a bunch honestly cause I’ve never had much of an appetite. I use whole milk in the morning and almond milk post workout. Also I try to add half a cup of walnuts to every meal throughout the day. They’re really a life saver cause ever quarter cup comes with 200cals (20g fat, 5g pro, 5g carbs). I also watch videos while I eat, I’ve read you can consume more when distracted. Plus Kai Greene vids help me with motivation and down those last spoonfulls. Good luck man.

Chizeled

Shakes seem to work for me pretty good…when i eat alot of food (big breakfast etc) my anxiety gets worse for whatever reason but sipping on a shake for a bit is alot easier so im definately going to try that…def wanna get walnuts thats a good idea.

What macros u think i shoukd shoot for again i metabolize food pretty good i can eat pizza 5x a week and not get fat (little bit covering my abs etc but im still fit)

Was shooting for 50C 30p 20f…want to get as lean gains as possible shooting for 1/2-1lb a week from what i read is good

I don’t really break down my macros in percentages but there’s tons of effective threads do and will show you how to go about a diet that will maximize growth. Me personally I aim for 1.5-2.5g of protein per lb, 1.5 being on a really shitty day. I then find out my maintenance calories (which can easily searched up online) and find a surplus that fits me. I always advise people who are relatively skinny to start at a 1000 calorie surplus and work their way down till they find the sweet spot between optimal muscle gains and minimal gains.

For me it happens to be 600-700 when on gear and 300-400 off gear, just to give you an idea. Once you find your sweet spot you can consider adding in supps and gear. With this process you can feel better knowing you’re getting the best out of every blast because you know everything from diet to training is spot on. Good luck man.

Chizeled

Thanks much for the response…im going to start at 3000 cals for now for a couple weeks and see how my weight is doing and adjust from there…so likely i will be 100g + - fat…200-300g protein and the rest carbs

[quote]Reed wrote:
Then eat more. Have heard this story a hundred times and 100 times your as much as possible is not even close to as much as possible. [/quote]

^^^^^

So tracked my cals yesterday a lil over 3200…havin trouble keepin fat percentage down with all the milk i drink but so far on a good track today as well (besides the fat lol)

I don’t drink much milk, never have since I was young. Maybe before bed with a casein shake but very rarely. Nothing wrong with healthy fats though. My fats usually take up more cals than carbs actually but that’s cause I carb cycle. As long as you got your protein dialed to a hefty amount and your surplus isn’t ridiculous you’ll be fine. Just keep it consistent.

according to this study, you could just take 600mg pw and gain 7 lbs even without working out. http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/10_weeks_testosterone_enanthate_no_post_cycle_therapy

Weight has been improving already…shakes work wonders…any tips to keep bloating from milk and whey down?..drinking like a half gallon a day

Weight has been improving already…shakes work wonders…any tips to keep bloating from milk and whey down?..drinking like a half gallon a day[/quote]

Lol. Not much you can do. The objective should be to get your body used to getting in more calories so it gets easier to meet your daily caloric requirements as you will feel more hungry you don’t consume enough food.

Keep it up for some time, gradually replace with solid food and save the shakes to meet your daily calories when shit gets tough and you just can’t bring yourself to eat enough.

Quick history…29yrs old…workout for abt a year…always been active and in good shape…went to doc (endocronologist) yr ago for low sex drive and energy…found my T was severley low (298)…did a bunch of tests etc and seems my boys work but my brain isnt sending enough signal or whatever to produce more…after abt 4 months of dialin it in ive been at 50mg every 5 days which brings my levels to around the 800s.

Want to run my first cycle and figured since i already take test cyp maybe stick with the same…not sure what size dose i should use and if i need any AI to go along with? Im assuming no need for PCT since i will just resume my normal 50mg every 5 days after cycle.

My main dilema: my doc is super anam abt my levels etc and if he figures out im blasting im sure he wo t be happy. I have three months between visits which i can probably delay to four months. Was thinkng of running 10wks if thats enough. How long will it take for my levels to return to good before i see him you think?

Would rather run 12wks as i know cyp takes longer to build up but idk if ill have enough time to come down to normal…so say ill have four months to work with.

Also currently 165lbs 5’6" eventually want to hit 185lbs (nxt yr or so)

Thanks guys[/quote]

Take your time!
Now that your Test levels are in the 800’s you can “learn” how to grow
Don’t worry about blasting yet! It’s not like you need to gain 30lbs in 3months now that you ginally got your shitty T levels sorted
Spend more time in training / recovery and nutrition type environments
I could ask you your macros but you prob don’t know

So ive been drinking 3 shakes a day almost every day…one in the morning 16oz farm milk and one scoop gold standard whey…same size shake again after workout or around that time on non workout days and a casein shake same amount of milk and same size scoop gold standard casein…had some bloating ane gut is still pushed out looking but yesterday got hit with the runs…nno cramping per se but when it hits me it hits me all day today too…can the protein do that??? I used to have a lactose issue when i was a kid but since i got older didntseem to bother me though ive been drinking abt a half gallon of milk a day to aid in my bulking…im sure to drol a couple lbs from this…should i stop them all together?