Been Doing Push-Ups, How Are They?

Here

Maybe this will help.

Ingerssting, it looks like he’s saying to be straighter? That sounds good, I’ll implement that now!

1 Like

Surgery on?

I’m gonna dissent and say OP needs to just drop and do pushups, as often as he can. He’s worried about stuff like scapular protraction, which is only a thing because too many people became focused on scapular retraction.

Get down into the pushup position, lower yourself down, and push yourself back up. Keep doing it until it’s not hard or awkward to do. And don’t read any articles about pushups in the meantime.

6 Likes

If your issue is with your leg, how would getting on the ground and doing actual pushups put more strain on it than doing them standing?

Hey guys! I started training after a leg surgery i had recently and i read some form articles from u guys

and i seeing if i am doing band dips and chin ups properly. And if not, please tell me what i can improver

You could probably do a better job of setting your scaps with dips but this will just come with practice. Keep doing what you’re doing mate, and you’ll go far

Thanks for responding bro! Appreciate the feed back too. Yea im a bit new to excercise and im glad im on the right track. Did you happen to sre my chin up

Chin up was totally fine imo. Again, just keep working, check your ego, and everything will sort itself out

Care to elaborate?

While the scaps aren’t going to be completely locked in dips (nor should they be), I think OP is demonstrating a bit too much forward shoulder roll for my liking.

It could be a shoulder ROM problem, but I figured try get the scaps doing their thing properly before going a doing a bunch of mobility work

Yeah, I do see what you mean, I’m just super wary of even letting beginners with that amount of muscle mass know that they have scaps, haha. When movements become more efficient and people get stronger, scaps tend to move in sync with everything else, and people really fuck themselves up by doing weird things with their bodies. Anyway, this isn’t a knock at you or your advice, more of a reflection of what fucked me up in the past.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. 99.99999% of the time practice and getting stronger fix the issue.

I agree with getting fucked over too. I used to obsess over my scaps in pull-ups and never made any progress

You need to push those sets harder. You definitely could do one more rep, maybe 3or 4 if someone put a gun to your head!

1 Like