Beef Jerky

I know that its recommended to eat constantly throughout the day but when stuck at work for 8 hours+ during the week, its rough getting nutritious meals in during my free time. I was wondering if Beef Jerky would be a good substitute for normal solid food. I do not know any of the nutritional values of it or whether or not its good for you or if its the equivalent of dried out fastfood. Any info or adivce would be much appreciated.

Beef jerky usually has the nutritional information (protein, fat, carbs, sodium) on the label of the package.

It is a great snack. I use it all the time. Normally, I’ll include a handful of mixed nuts (no peanuts) and maybe a piece of fruit or some sort of vegetable to make a nice, healthy snack.

You could make your own with a food dryer…

Mike Matarazzo (IFBB Pro) used to make jerky from flank steak and take it with him when he was out traveling…

[quote]inthego wrote:
[/quote]

Or just hang it Indian style. I’ve got at least ten pounds of deer and elk meat from last year that I’ve got to jerk to make room in the freezer for this falls hunt. We hang wire across the basement ceiling and season and hang it to dry.

All natural and no preservatives and delicious. Hard work as we have to slice it thin and hang it, but we get a few family members together and make a Saturday of it.

D

Beef jerky is a good snack. Espically if you have nothing else for 8 hours.

Have you ever thought about protein bars or shakes? Maybe packing your own lunch?

[quote]wicked08 wrote:
Beef jerky is a good snack. Espically if you have nothing else for 8 hours.

Have you ever thought about protein bars or shakes? Maybe packing your own lunch?[/quote]

I bring my own lunch. I’m looking for something to pass the time between the time i get their and lunch and from lunch until i get home and eat my dinner. I went out and bought some dried fruits and nuts from Trader Joe’s today and I’m gonna stop at Costco’s or Bj’s tomorrow after work and pick up a bag of jerky

Get quality jerky. Most mini-marts and stores carry crap. Most of it ends up being the “off” parts of cows, etc. like the same stuff they use in hot dogs. If it’s not that they use soybean as a filler.

Get quality jerky and it’s a great snack. But sh*t stuff and it’s probably harmful to your physique.

Nothing replaces solid food, I bring all my meals I’d need during my hours at work with me. I also have access to a microwave, etc.

Gerdy

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
inthego wrote:

Or just hang it Indian style. I’ve got at least ten pounds of deer and elk meat from last year that I’ve got to jerk to make room in the freezer for this falls hunt. We hang wire across the basement ceiling and season and hang it to dry.

All natural and no preservatives and delicious. Hard work as we have to slice it thin and hang it, but we get a few family members together and make a Saturday of it.

D[/quote]

Wow… that sounds amazing lol.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
inthego wrote:

D[/quote]

that is really old school!

Solid

Post a Pic of that if you can…

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Get quality jerky. Most mini-marts and stores carry crap. Most of it ends up being the “off” parts of cows, etc. like the same stuff they use in hot dogs. If it’s not that they use soybean as a filler.

Get quality jerky and it’s a great snack. But sh*t stuff and it’s probably harmful to your physique.

Nothing replaces solid food, I bring all my meals I’d need during my hours at work with me. I also have access to a microwave, etc.

Gerdy[/quote]

Also, nearly all deli meats and jerky contain sodium nitrate or nitrite, which convert into carcinogenic nitrosamines in your body. There’s actually a link between eating cured meats on a regular basis and stomach cancers.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

Gerdy

Also, nearly all deli meats and jerky contain sodium nitrate or nitrite, which convert into carcinogenic nitrosamines in your body. There’s actually a link between eating cured meats on a regular basis and stomach cancers. [/quote]

Not all, but most.

OK so this is from my hometown (no longer living there)

IMHO This is the best Jerky on the planet hands down! I could eat nothing but this all day long and my tastebuds would be completely satisfied.

Peppered Teryaki and Regular Teryaki are my favorites.

Gerdy

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
OK so this is from my hometown (no longer living there)

IMHO This is the best Jerky on the planet hands down! I could eat nothing but this all day long and my tastebuds would be completely satisfied.

Peppered Teryaki and Regular Teryaki are my favorites.

Gerdy

Ah bollocks. I looked on the site and they give it all “You can order our products from anywhere in the world”.

Which is fucking pointless since they only ship within the USA.

Retards.

I was really looking forward to some of their jerky :frowning:

Bushy[/quote]

Well that makes sense since they are from my hometown…idiots. lol

Well if you want it that bad…pm me and I’ll get it to you.

Gerdy