T Nation

Beef Eating Challenge

Hi, Guys,

I’m new to the forums, but have a question that I’m sure you’ll all be able to help with. (I hope you don’t think this sounds stupid, because I’m taking it kind of seriously)

I recently have been challenged to eat three pounds of beef a day for two days… Basically, six pounds pre-cooked over 48hours. This would be as part of a regular diet, and I can eat other foods as much as I like.

I decided that the easiest way for me to accomplish this was, instead of eating three meals of 1lb beeg, I eat multiple meals over the course of the day, spacing out my intake. This should also put less strain on my body.

Now, my question is: How much beef in one day is unhealthy? Keep in mind, that this is NOT a long term diet plan, but rather if I were to eat beef in one day, how much would be “Too Much”.

I sincerely hope you can help.

Thanks!

There is no amount of beef that is too much! Just eat some brocolli with it so you can take a dump the next day!

Uhm, that’s like 2,7 kg… I eat that in one barbeque-sitting…
Just eat up and win the bet or whatever the challenge is off… :stuck_out_tongue:

In my regular diet, I eat approximately 2 to 3 pounds of meat (beef, chicken, turkey, etc) a day. You shouldn’t have a problem with this. I’d try eating 1/2 poundages over 6 meals, it’s very easy to do.

Mmmmm. Beef!

3 pounds?? Man I have steaks that are bigger then that. Its not going to hurt you at all to eat that amount of beef…and dude if your saying its close to 6 pounds pre-cooked how much fat is in that meat?

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
In my regular diet, I eat approximately 2 to 3 pounds of meat (beef, chicken, turkey, etc) a day. You shouldn’t have a problem with this. I’d try eating 1/2 poundages over 6 meals, it’s very easy to do.[/quote]

In my best Ali G accent, I say to you
“Respect” on getting all that meat in per day, every day. Shit man, eating half a pound of meat every 3 hours… I don’t know how easy that would be, but “big up yourself” to who ever can do that.

this shouldn’t be too difficult.

if you think it’ll be pretty hard, cook it up in a george foreman to get rid of a good portion of the fat.

you might also wanna get some hot sauces and different things to mix it with.

happy chewing.

This thread rules.

which simpsons episode?

Ideally, have quality beef. Certified organic, preferably.

But it shouldn’t hurt you. Just make sure you have enough other stuff in your diet to balance things out or you might get heartburn from too much acid.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
reminds me of an old simpsons episode[/quote]

“Yeah, lisa… A REAL magical animal”

[quote]vroom wrote:
Mmmmm. Beef![/quote]
It’s what’s for dinner!

So what do you win by accomplishing this relatively easy feat?

[quote]TShaw wrote:
vroom wrote:
Mmmmm. Beef!
It’s what’s for dinner!

So what do you win by accomplishing this relatively easy feat?[/quote]

A steak.

3lbs of beef over 6 meals is pretty much perfect (50g protein per meal). Your biggest problem will probably getting sick of eating beef…

[quote]andy bumphren wrote:
3lbs of beef over 6 meals is pretty much perfect (50g protein per meal). Your biggest problem will probably getting sick of eating beef…[/quote]

Is that even possible?

I’m not sure… I’d probably try to put an end to that competition in one sitting

1-sounds easy.

2- the simpsons ep is the one when homer challenges a trucker to eat a huge steak and then the trucker dies so bart and homer take over for him. its a really great ep.

The men on the Lewis&Clark expedition ate 6-9 lbs of game meat every day. Of course they were working their asses off too.

This thread made me extremely hungry.