T Nation

Becoming Very Health "Worry-some"

A few months back i posted a thread on “my health taking a toll” and asked what diets/workouts to follow and all.

Iv come to a certain stage in life where i dont overly care about how much i can lift, PRS or anything. Iv learned that i just want to focus on health (keeping my body function at 100%, mobility, health, leaning out, etc).

I started working on the rigs after i made that “health took a toll” and having access to a gym/kitchen wasnt the easiest so that kind of got placed on the back burner.

However, come December i am back in the office full time.

Where I’m going with this is that id like some advice on how to “Achieve optimal health”. Reading about keto diets and all these health benefits looks very appealing, but then i also read about how high fat diets are awful for your health so am a bit confused on that part? are moderate carb diets with low fat high protein bad as well? honestly, at this point im just confused on how to diet…

Did some reading on the anabolic diet and that widened my eyes a bit. Essentially you keto for 12 days then carb up for 1-2 days then follow a 5 day keto and 2 day carb day (or 6 and 1).

Living this type of diet style, does it have any negative effects on your body? or does it really come down to food choices in the end. keto with healthy fats and protein then carb up with healthy carbs and maybe one or two bad.

Would really just like some advice on how to keep your body healthy. My goal is to keep dropping weight. im 245lbs and id like to get below 200.

To be clear, is lifting/ working out still a part of your life? How often will you be actively playing sports, working out, running, etc? Those things are important factors in determining what an appropriate diet is for your lifestyle, and what can be considered optimal.

IMO, the best way to stay healthy, (based on the standards most people have for what is healthy) is by consistently eating whole foods, mostly centered around vegetables. Highly processed foods are not ideal. If you’re not lifting weights a lot, or are not very active, a high protein diet is not ideal either.

It would also be helpful if you had a full bloodwork panel to see if you have any deficiencies, liver, kidney or heart conditions, hormone issues, etc. Those things affect what and how much you should be eating.

This should be good enough to get the conversation started and we can go from there.

Iv been given a clean bill of health. However, iv become quite the hypochondriac and am constantly worrying about the smallest aches and pains and sensations.

I plan on still lifting 3-4 times a week, playing sports, and remaining quite active. I just want to have a healthy body.

Would a anabolic diet work in this case? low carb diets? or just a whole foods, fruits and veggies type diet (paleo?)

then I don’t see how I can help you. Best of luck though.