Just. Don't. Suck (Part 1)

Incline 1.5 reps is my go-to chest exercise.
I read an article or post somewhere around here about that being a great exercise for that illusive upper chest development.

2 Likes

Super Bowl Dinner

I also had 44 ounces of beer.

2 Likes

It’s not right for wings to carry so many calories. I could eat 2-3 dozen easy

The bone - in (traditional) wings were a screw up but they left them on the table. No one touched them so I ate them all. I don’t know why anyone would pick those over boneless. They’re not worth the effort.

The boneless wings are basically chunks of breast meat. I also dipped them in ranch. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Because they’re actual wings and not chicken nuggets soaked in sauce! Boneless wings, blech…

2 Likes

More bone than meat! Don’t waste my time! If I wanted to nibble a quarter of a bite of meat off of a bone then I’d eat a squirrel.

3 Likes

Squirrels are delicious too! And good wing places have decent-sized meaty wings. I’ve had pizza hut wings where there wasn’t even a quarter bite per wing, but at least I get them at employee price from my kid :stuck_out_tongue:

I get where you’re coming from, I just don’t like white meat chicken in general, and I started eating buffalo wings in the 80’s before they started with the boneless ‘wings’. I’m old, and set in my ways.

2 Likes

I agree @OTHSteve good full wings are a good size and deff have more than one qtr bite of meet. And you can chew the bone and suck the marrow out too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@OTHSteve @simo74 I just want some food! I prefer chunks of meat over wings anyway. Traditional wings are messy and a lot of effort. I guess if they used a full size chicken then I might feel different.

Woke at 231.4 lbs. I couldn’t believe the scale. I expected to see at least 233 after last night’s dinner. I’m also starving right now.

I’ll be off to the gym in a couple hours for a back workout and a little basketball.

1 Like

I’m slowly accepting that this is now my life.

1 Like

With any luck you’ll reach the point where you embrace it. Once you start seeing the positive changes you might start to associate hunger with success. Now that I’m rolling in the right direction I can tolerate hunger much better. I find myself playing little games - like, how long can I wait before eating? If I wait another hour then I won’t be hungry again until dinner and I’ll be like 1000 calories under budget.

It’s weird.

2 Likes

Not sure what kind of injections you were getting (cortisone?). Have you looked into any regenerative medicine? Wouldn’t be a good option for cute bone dust accumulation, but definately could help the other hip tear. Platelet rich plasma injections, A2M, or umbilical cord blood cells all have great healing and regenerative effects on injured joints. Just my two cents.

1 Like

These are steroids. I’m not sure if they’re using cortisone or something else. Doc is hopeful that I just have some angry tissue in there.

My right hip is mostly symptom free.

Those treatments sound expensive!

1 Like

Yeah they can be. But stem cells can be a permanent fix on minor tears. Steroid shots will ease symptoms and inflammation but it will come back.

This is off the website from my buddies clinic. He’s had amino injections in both shoulders and was able to reverse a tear and avoid surgery

2 Likes

Pull Workout

These are getting frustrating. My biceps tendon is definitely an issue.

PULL UPS
10, 6, 5, 5, 4

POWER SNATCH
115 x 3 x 2
135 x 3 x 3 sets

CABLE ROW
140 x 10F/10T/10B x 2
I’m going to have to change this up. My biceps tendon pops and moves if I’m not super careful. Anything other than overhand grip is still off limits.

STRAIGHT ARM PRESS DOWN
70 x 10
55 x 10
55 x 15 - immediately followed by
LAT PULL DOWN
120 x 20
Not sure what I did to myself but I could only feel my triceps working at this point. Is that good or bad?

LYING LEG CURL
125 x 10 x 2 sets

SIDE CRUNCH (45* BACK EXT)
2 x 15 ea

BASKETBALL
2 games. Holy crap, I’m out of shape!

4 Likes

Woke at 231.6 lbs. Up 0.2 lbs since yesterday which is strange considering yesterday was the post Super Bowl weight… Oh, well.

Push Workout

EXERCISE BIKE WARM UP
5 min, L11, 1.44 mi

LEG PRESS
360 x 10 x 2 sets
360 x 20, pause 10 seconds, 20 more
I really didn’t know what to do here. My ROM is short enough that breaking it up into top, bottom, and full seemed silly. The 10 sec pause was actually just me trying to figure out what to do. I didn’t want to go to failure. I wanted to play basketball afterwards.

PUSH UPS
2 x 10
35-9-6 double rest/pause

LATERAL CABLE RAISE
20 x 10 + 10 bottom half x 2 sets

MACHINE FLY
125 x 10F/10T/10B
150 x 10 + 10 bottom half

BASKETBALL
2 more horrible games that irritated me more than anything. I get irritated by losing, but I’m also irritated with my body. My left knee hurts and I’m out of shape. Both things hold me back. When the game goes south I have a hard time pushing myself to run. Due to this, I decided to punish myself with some sprints after the game two loss.

SPRINTS (74 ft basketball court, college is 94 ft)
Down and back x 2
20 sec time limit, 40 sec rest, 6 sprints.

5 Likes

My knee is killing me and I’m pretty sure it’s IT band syndrome. My pain started in December or early January. l quit doing leg training in December. Prior to that I’d been doing RFESS until I finished SGSS in early October.

I think the decrease in iso lateral hip work is what allowed this to happen. RFESS are back on the menu effective immediately (actually whenever I do my next push workout).

It bans pain is horrible. Been there man. I grind it out on the foam roller quite often. Excruciating, but I think it helps relieve some of the inflammation. Hope it feels better man!

1 Like

The odd thing is that I’ve been rolling and it doesn’t feel terrible. It’s not my worst spot. Oh, well. I know how to fix it.

The kick in the pants part of all this is that I shut everything down to rest my hip. It turns out my hip joint is good (the structure) but I created a new problem.