Becoming Canis dirus - SvenG's Training Log

5s PRO, 5x5 FSL - c9w2d1

Sunday - 13 February 2022
Workout: Easy conditioning + calves, 0645-0715 + 0805-0900 (30 + 55 minutes)

Chin-ups/pull-ups (strict, various grips) - 13, 13, 13, 13
Seated CR - 230 - 25, 20, 15
JR tabata - 4x40/10 - 1 round

(pause)

JR tabata - 4x40/10 - 1 round
Weighted vest walk - 30 kg - 35 minutes

Fasted.

Weird morning. Slept until 0550, which is where the disruptions began. Anyway, superset daily chins with calf raises and got in one round of jump rope before today’s schedule forced a pause. Got more rest between those sets than I would have in a more typical circuit, but still happy to have hit 13 straight reps without dropping for each grip.

Should be able to finish up with the walk and second round of jump rope here shortly, and I’ll just edit those into this post once they’re done.

My attempt at the 30-minute press challenge will follow later this afternoon, then I’ll probably eat like crazy: Mrs. SvenG has been slow-cooking pork shoulder since yesterday afternoon, the house smells amazing, and I’m already hungry, so despite the weird morning, today is off to a great start!

Edit: Got the remaining morning work done—still fasted. Loaded up the bar with 115 for the press challenge: It’s ready to go, so no excuses. Still planning to take each set from the floor, but I also setup the J-hooks in case I need to take it out of the rack—hope I didn’t just set myself up for failure, haha!

12 Likes