Becoming a Strength Coach

Everyone,
Thanks for all the posts. And I dont worry about the low pay long hours thing; I am in the military now so I do all that, and get put in harms way. By the way to all of you guys who are strength coaches, how do you deal with the “unique” challanges (partying, class work, practices) that college kids are faced with?
Thanks
will42

[quote]The_Incubator wrote:

And yes I would be very, very suspicious of any S&C coach that claimed he couldn’t squat 150 because of bad genetics…

This was just an extreme example to show you I don’t think you need to be able to squat 500 pounds to coach somebody who does, but I think you just didn’t get it, right?

[quote]The_Incubator wrote:

Nobody, and I mean nobody, should be out there teaching something they can’t do.

So… if I follow your logic, the guy who coaches Shawn Crawford (200m gold medalist) needs to be able to run the 200 in at least 19.79…

Same goes for Michael Johnson, who still have the world record in the 200m…I guess his coach also established a world record, right? or did he ran under 19.32 without anyone knowing about it?

I’m confused…