Becca Swanson Benches 600

[quote]Hanley wrote:
MsM wrote:
Dispenser wrote:
What is Becca’s weight class anyway?

198+

Not trying to be an ass or anything either but if everyone in a particular federation/comp is competing with the same rules, how does one person have an advantage? I just don’t see it. Also, to the people bashing the test and gear - if that’s all it takes to get a 2000+ total, give it a go and let me know when you do because I’d like to see it. There are feds that test and feds that don’t. If you don’t think it’s fair, stick to one that does test.

Looked good to me.

Great post.

[/quote]

Yep, it’s all a this person is claiming a lift bigger than my lift but mine was better because I was raw, drug free, single ply or whatever.

It is what it is, a 600 pound bench. Becca take steroids, she uses multi ply gear. And even if my shoulder was 100% I couldn’t do 600 under those conditions at my 200 or so. I do think she goes around 240 ish now, but whatever. I’d like to see the people who criticize this hold 600 at lockout. I might be able to, but I’m not sure.

I don’t care what anybody says.

This is SOOOO fucking creepy.

I can understand where everyone is coming from, but just a couple things…I guess you can call it my two cents. The pic of Becca is the stuff of nightmares!!! Blood pouring out of her nose and all? For real? Nah… no thanks. Impressive lift, however, I’m not too big into the whole scene. My goals (mine) are to find out what I or anyone can do naturally, without any “special” suits, or drugs. To me, having to rely on that stuff diminishes the end result. But…on the flipside, can’t really knock it too much, as we all use tools and gear to make things a lil easier, ie-lift straps, chalk, so on and so forth. Oh well…just my two cents. Time to try and forget ever seeing that picture! lol

What a shame!

With this great record of hers, she would be highly touted by major media coverage across the world and gain more reputation, only if she were not on steroids.

BTW, why are almost all the world records in weight lifting held by those other than Americans while almost all the world records in power lifting, whether official or not, are held by Americans?

I think too many of the guys here are basing their opinions on that they don’t want to bone her. It’s still a fucking epic bench anyway you slice it.

Oh, sometimes I just think about power lifters, whether male or female, who have NEVER been on steroids, have been working out as hard, and are supposed to be recognized unanimously as world record holders.

But the thing is that some power lifters take steroids and claim that they hold the world records.

Well, it’d be totally fine that they claim they made such world records only if they set up “steroid-division” for themselves in the contests.

Otherwise, it’s just inconsiderate of them ignoring those who are engaged in power lifting clean to say “I’m the greatest!” or something like that.

And power lifting will never be played in the Olympic Games where strict drug tests are conducted although power lifting would be a wonderful sport which can be played by anyone in any country across the world.

Weight lifting is one of the sports played in the Olympics, for your information.

She is absolutely disgusting, but so are some of the top pro MALE power lifters.

Regardless this is an impressive lift regardless of gender, but more so since she is a women.

But yeah I don’t know if you could have found a worse picture to use, gross.

[quote]fredwaugh wrote:
What a shame!

With this great record of hers, she would be highly touted by major media coverage across the world and gain more reputation, only if she were not on steroids.

BTW, why are almost all the world records in weight lifting held by those other than Americans while almost all the world records in power lifting, whether official or not, are held by Americans?
[/quote]

Because most American lifters dont really give a shit about Oly. lifting. It’s well and good, and I appreciate what it takes to be a successful Oly. lifter, but I just dont care. it’s not for me

[quote]fredwaugh wrote:
What a shame!

[/quote]

What a shame… you obviously know nothing about powerlifting.

How many American’s hold IPF records…?? very few.

Who’s got the biggest all time squat?? (I’m pretty sure it’s still Big Vlad, the RUSSIAN)

The reason the US lifters hold alot of the APF (and other national feds) “world” records, is because they’re the only country that actually complete in the fed. And multiply is alot less popular in Europe, tho it is starting to catch on now so look for the balance there to be reversed in 5 years too.

[quote]fredwaugh wrote:
…But the thing is that some power lifters take steroids and claim that they hold the world records.

And power lifting will never be played in the Olympic Games where strict drug tests are conducted although power lifting would be a wonderful sport which can be played by anyone in any country across the world.

Weight lifting is one of the sports played in the Olympics, for your information.
[/quote]

Are you suggesting that Olympic Sports are drug free? If so then you need to educate yourself.

yea. olympic athletes never use drugs. :slight_smile:

I never said that the Olympic Sports are drug free.

If they were, why do they have to test the athletes?

Needless to say, they have just tried to make the competitions in every event as fair and clean as possible by testing the athletes since they found some athletes using drugs.

Anyway, I would say that the world records claimed by IPF should be very reliable because they test the lifters, but APF is nothing but a hotbed where some sneaky athletes come, take it for granted that they can perform using steroids, and say that their (drug-enhanced) records, most of which are far better than those claimed by IPF, are “the real world records”.

Well, maybe I should not discuss this with some Americans and blame APF because steroids are kind of prevalent even among some track athletes, some MBL players, or whatever over there.

The way I see steroids would be completely different from the way some of you here do.

Sorry if you feel that I ruffled your feathers.

[quote]fredwaugh wrote:
I never said that the Olympic Sports are drug free.

If they were, why do they have to test the athletes?

Needless to say, they have just tried to make the competitions in every event as fair and clean as possible by testing the athletes since they found some athletes using drugs.

Anyway, I would say that the world records claimed by IPF should be very reliable because they test the lifters, but APF is nothing but a hotbed where some sneaky athletes come, take it for granted that they can perform using steroids, and say that their (drug-enhanced) records, most of which are far better than those claimed by IPF, are “the real world records”.

Well, maybe I should not discuss this with some Americans and blame APF because steroids are kind of prevalent even among some track athletes, some MBL players, or whatever over there.

The way I see steroids would be completely different from the way some of you here.

Sorry if you feel that I ruffled your feathers.[/quote]

In the upper echelons of powerlifting (and the lower ones as well), anabolics are prevalent. I can’t speak for Western Europe, but in the US and eastern Europe, most elite lifters take drugs. As it so happens, the most of the great lifters are coming from Russia, Ukraine, and the US.

You may question the comparison of records between WPC and IPF. I would too. However, they are different because of differences in gear, judging, weigh-ins much more than they are different because of drugs.

In terms of drugs, it’s a much more level playing than you are giving it credit for. This fact becomes obvious when comparable lifters from IPF and WPC occasionally compete under the same rules and hit similar weights (e.g. Brian Siders and Donnie Thompson at NERB) or an IPF lifter tries WPO (e.g. Ano Turtianen, Evgen Yarymbash).

Fred,
Just because an athlete passes a drug test does not mean they didn’t use drugs. It simply means it wasn’t detected, a big difference. A big study came out recently that even discussed genetic differences that exist which would allow some ethnic groups (athletes) to pass drug tests easier than others. Coincidentally, the races that dominate weightlifting lack these critical metabolizing genes…