T Nation

Becca Swanson Benches 600

[quote]Hanley wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Hanley wrote:
firebug9 wrote:
just alittle to many chemicals in her system for me to appreciate her lifting.

Seriously?

Not to be a steroid hater, butt he gals using just bug me. the difference between men and women to me is the test levels. that high of test levels is weird to me.

However, her lifting is great and she is a very nice person to talk to.

To each their own of course, but I don’t see any real difference between a guy choosing to and a girl. Once you cross that bridge you’re fucking with what your body’s meant to do be doing either way imo![/quote]

True, but a guy might have a little higher than another guy, but the gals. I like my gals a little softer, hahaha! I see guys and say maybe he uses, but I could definitely tell when a gal does.

She is a nice person and good to talk to.

let’s flip this around. WOuld you think a man is a freak for shooting up estrogen? I sure as hell would. But I don’t really care if men or women use steroids, it’s their choice. I personally think they should be legal. My only qualm is that some people use and lifting a league for nonusers.

now back on topic. Even with a shirt on, that’s pretty fucking mpressive. What’s the world record for women?

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
let’s flip this around. WOuld you think a man is a freak for shooting up estrogen? I sure as hell would. But I don’t really care if men or women use steroids, it’s their choice. I personally think they should be legal. My only qualm is that some people use and lifting a league for nonusers.

now back on topic. Even with a shirt on, that’s pretty fucking mpressive. What’s the world record for women? [/quote]

You just watched it.

That is the women’s world record.

All I can say is I can’t bench 600 in a shirt so I tip my hat to her.

people are so fucking crass and judgmental

Robo1, amen brother!!

[quote]cheeta wrote:
And sure I’ll respect her single ply lifts but I dont respect lifts performed in equpment like that (excuse the spelling).
[/quote]

I’m sorry, but that is profoundly ridiculous. Gear is gear. You can’t respect single ply “more” because you lift in the IPF. Hell one could make the argument that single ply gear is for people who are “afraid” to use multiply since now a days both deliver large amounts of carry over, the only difference being single ply requires less work.

For the record, I have only ever lifted in single ply gear, but I’m constantly looking for more ways to get extra carryover from it.

I know Tone Barbaccio gets at least 120-200lbs out of a single ply F6. He said it on fortified-iron.com a good while ago.

Scott Cartwright gets a ridiculous amount of carry over too.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
firebug9 wrote:
just alittle to many chemicals in her system for me to appreciate her lifting.

Seriously?[/quote]

Yes, seriously! You know if she had not cheated in the first place she would still be lifting in the IPF/USAPL. But she is a cheater who got caught, simple as that. I admire her hard work and such, but to admire how she got there and at what expense - no. IT is called to much of a good thing…and at what price will it come?

[quote]Rugby_Owns wrote:
I bet she’s got a lil cock in those trousers[/quote]

Like you, then?

[quote]cheeta wrote:
Like I said just my 2 cents, I’m no fan of gear to begin with since so many ppl that cant lift worth shit get so much out of it. I know a guy who can bearl.y bench 225kg raw with his ass up in the air and heals off the ground, but in a shirt he can press 300kg…now to me thats not beeing strong but just beeing good enouch in the gear to get 75kg extra out of it.
[/quote]

Yeah a 484 raw bench and a 661 shirted bench. Whatta puss! But- seriously- both of those numbers are good in my book.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Robo1, amen brother!!

cheeta wrote:
And sure I’ll respect her single ply lifts but I dont respect lifts performed in equpment like that (excuse the spelling).

I’m sorry, but that is profoundly ridiculous. Gear is gear. You can’t respect single ply “more” because you lift in the IPF. Hell one could make the argument that single ply gear is for people who are “afraid” to use multiply since now a days both deliver large amounts of carry over, the only difference being single ply requires less work.

For the record, I have only ever lifted in single ply gear, but I’m constantly looking for more ways to get extra carryover from it.

I know Tone Barbaccio gets at least 120-200lbs out of a single ply F6. He said it on fortified-iron.com a good while ago.

Scott Cartwright gets a ridiculous amount of carry over too.
[/quote]

I totally agree. The single ply gear is more supportive now than double ply was 10 years ago, butt hat’s okay because it’s single ply?

This is just silly. I do think some gear usage is getting almost to much, but whatever. It’s not like this is a big time sport. It’s basically guys that like to lift heavy stuff.

For the record, the old inzer blast shirts gave you about ten pounds. 1985 old. The whole shebang on the squat gave you 50 or so tops. This was wraps, suit and belt.

[quote]cheeta wrote:
Like I said just my 2 cents, I’m no fan of gear to begin with since so many ppl that cant lift worth shit get so much out of it. I know a guy who can bearly bench 225kg raw with his ass up in the air and heals off the ground, but in a shirt he can press 300kg…now to me thats not beeing strong but just beeing good enouch in the gear to get 75kg extra out of it.
[/quote]

Barely benching 225 raw is… uggghhh … barely benching 500 pounds or so. 660 with gear is big, but it’s not like he’s doing 135 pounds then gets ooohhh 525 or so out of the shirt.

He’s getting 500 raw! And he’s not strong! Whatever.

Nice work on the lift… that is legendary.

I have to say though, powerlifting technique is absolutely hideous in my eyes. All these grotesque positions and bulged bellies just doesn’t float my boat, but to each their own…

cb

[quote]Thirteen wrote:
Nice work on the lift… that is legendary.

I have to say though, powerlifting technique is absolutely hideous in my eyes. All these grotesque positions and bulged bellies just doesn’t float my boat, but to each their own…

cb[/quote]

Some of those weird positions can be a little safer. the big bellies are just a bonus. Having sligt arch with your shoulders very tight will help to protect them to some degree.

With an excessive arch you can have problems, but that’s the sport.

im going to bet that most of the people that are charging this women couldnt hold 600 pounds in the hand let alone bench it. i want to be were she is at lol.

What a woman!

I mean… what? A woman?

Becca does it again. What more can you say? An incredible lift from an incredible athlete.

This, to me, is just as impressive as Kennelly’s turns at the bench. I mean, what’s the next largest record for bench in her weight class? Isn’t it in the high 400’s?

I bet she pisses standing two feet away from the urinal.

What is Becca’s weight class anyway?

[quote]Dispenser wrote:
What is Becca’s weight class anyway?[/quote]

198+

Not trying to be an ass or anything either but if everyone in a particular federation/comp is competing with the same rules, how does one person have an advantage? I just don’t see it. Also, to the people bashing the test and gear - if that’s all it takes to get a 2000+ total, give it a go and let me know when you do because I’d like to see it. There are feds that test and feds that don’t. If you don’t think it’s fair, stick to one that does test.

Looked good to me.

[quote]MsM wrote:
Dispenser wrote:
What is Becca’s weight class anyway?

198+

Not trying to be an ass or anything either but if everyone in a particular federation/comp is competing with the same rules, how does one person have an advantage? I just don’t see it. Also, to the people bashing the test and gear - if that’s all it takes to get a 2000+ total, give it a go and let me know when you do because I’d like to see it. There are feds that test and feds that don’t. If you don’t think it’s fair, stick to one that does test.

Looked good to me.

[/quote]

Great post.