T Nation

Becca Swanson Benches 600

I was not aware of this fact until I read Chris’s report on the Arnold.

Here is the video.

I am not sure under what affiliation’s rules this lift was done under. I know she lifts in the APF/WPO alot. Maybe it was just an exibition. I am not a powerlifting judge so I don’t know if the lift would be legit according to their rules.

Just thought it was interesting:

Regardless of how you feel about her, she is pretty intense.

it aint USAPL legal…but i dont fucking care…any lift done by a women PERIOD that equaled 600 is disgusting…THEN THE BENCH!!

She’s hot.

I’m pretty sure she has more testosterone flowing through her veins then I do.

sick…

in the pic at the top in the OP, it looks like john goodman. am i right or what?

Still an awesome lift, regardless of how she got there. Most guys with “extra” test couldn’t do it. Respect!

I’d hit it!

[quote]orangecola wrote:
I was not aware of this fact until I read Chris’s report on the Arnold.

Here is the video.

I am not sure under what affiliation’s rules this lift was done under. I know she lifts in the APF/WPO alot. Maybe it was just an exibition. I am not a powerlifting judge so I don’t know if the lift would be legit according to their rules.

Just thought it was interesting:

Regardless of how you feel about her, she is pretty intense.

[/quote]

What’s wrong with it?

Hand off to arms length? Check
Bar motionaless at chest/belly? Check
Ass stayed down, feet stayed planted? Check
Fully locked out? Check

It was a good lift. Done at the BIG Iron In-House Open.

Awesome as it was, the real story in my opinion was Frankls 810 bench at 198.

I saw her in a black thong once. It was scary. My buddy and i were working at the Arnold Classic and we had to help her out of a canvas suit after lifting. Mike Ruggeria, Amy Weisberger, my friend and I were trying to pull that suit off.

As we were doing this a thought flew into my head. what if she isn’t wearing undewear? What if she is? What color and type will it be? EWWWW! What if her junk is bigger than mine?

a great lift by a great competitor.

[quote]joburnet wrote:
She’s hot.

I’m pretty sure she has more testosterone flowing through her veins then I do.[/quote]

I was just going to say… at what point do we stop calling these women, women?

probably at the point the voice is deeper than most mens and they are very hairy???

[quote]What’s wrong with it?

Fully locked out? Check

Awesome as it was, the real story in my opinion was Frankls 810 bench at 198.[/quote]

It has been some time since I competed and it was in a different organization but there were a couple of things I questioned.

1. The bar to the chest seemed to be touch and go. Back when I competed (old man story here) you had to pause the bar on the chest for a count or the lift wasn’t legit

2. I am not sure what the current rules are on a back arch. I have seen some pretty crazy ones recently. Still, I was amazed at the distance she covered on the lift say compared to a dude like Rychlak. Even with her back arch and belly distended the bar still had to move pretty far compared to what I am used to seeing.

3. I know the APF/WPO doesn’t have much in the way of equipment limitations so I am not sure if that super titanium bench shirt she seems to be wearing, really has any bearing on this discussion.

On a personal note, I know that Hanley seems to have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to people critiquing powerlifters negatively. That was not my intention in posting this. Maybe he is just as sick as I am of fat/weak fucks who make themselves feel better by ripping down on people who work harder and sacrifice more in one day than most people do (at least in a physical realm) their entire lives.

It is just as a former lifter I find the sport to be very strange these days and I don’t mean that in a necessarily good way. From the equipment to the technique used these days, it really isn’t the same sport. I posted this because to save my life I am not even sure what qualifies as a legit lift these days. From the equipment to the monolifts to the arches on the bench to all the new organiztions out there, it just get’s all confusing for us older folk.

I would have to imagine that if Dave Pass lifted today (god rest his soul) he would be squatting 1600lbs and totaling 3500.

I know that several people have commented on her drug status. I remember back in the day we used to kid about how we could figure out what the next big new drug was going to be by looking at Bill and Jon Paul. From the looks of this girl, she might be on more stuff than they were and we used to call them the walking science experiments.

[quote]orangecola wrote:
What’s wrong with it?

Fully locked out? Check

It has been some time since I competed and it was in a different organization but there were a couple of things I questioned.

1. The bar to the chest seemed to be touch and go. Back when I competed (old man story here) you had to pause the bar on the chest for a count or the lift wasn’t legit

2. I am not sure what the current rules are on a back arch. I have seen some pretty crazy ones recently. Still, I was amazed at the distance she covered on the lift say compared to a dude like Rychlak. Even with her back arch and belly distended the bar still had to move pretty far compared to what I am used to seeing.

3. I know the APF/WPO doesn’t have much in the way of equipment limitations so I am not sure if that super titanium bench shirt she seems to be wearing, really has any bearing on this discussion.

On a personal note, I know that Hanley seems to have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to people critiquing powerlifters negatively. That was not my intention in posting this. Maybe he is just as sick as I am of fat/weak fucks who make themselves feel better by ripping down on people who work harder and sacrifice more in one day than most people do (at least in a physical realm) their entire lives.
[/quote]

The only “chip” on my shoulder is when people look at a lift and say it’s crap or bad because it doesn’t conform to the rules of THEIR fed. I don’t care if it’s IPF vs APF or APF vs IPF. It pisses me off when people come in and try to dismiss a lift because it’s not what THEY perceive to be the correct way to perform it.

I have zero problem calling a lift bad if it’s blatanly high, there’s a soft hand out, uneven lockout, double movement, whatever etc etc. But none of these exist here.

1. The bar has to be motionless. Since she lowers it so slowly, it’s a hell of a lot easier to see when it is motionless, and as a result doesn’t require as long a pause.

2. The current rules are the same as they always were. Back and butt on the bench.

3. Obligatory gear attack.

I bet she’s got a lil cock in those trousers

[quote]Mithrandir wrote:
I’d hit it![/quote]

I think it would hit back…

On another note she is a very nice person, just alittle to many chemicals in her system for me to appreciate her lifting.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
orangecola wrote:
What’s wrong with it?

Fully locked out? Check

The only “chip” on my shoulder is when people look at a lift and say it’s crap or bad because it doesn’t conform to the rules of THEIR fed. I don’t care if it’s IPF vs APF or APF vs IPF. It pisses me off when people come in and try to dismiss a lift because it’s not what THEY perceive to be the correct way to perform it.

I have zero problem calling a lift bad if it’s blatanly high, there’s a soft hand out, uneven lockout, double movement, whatever etc etc. But none of these exist here.

1. The bar has to be motionless. Since she lowers it so slowly, it’s a hell of a lot easier to see when it is motionless, and as a result doesn’t require as long a pause.

2. The current rules are the same as they always were. Back and butt on the bench.

3. Obligatory gear attack.

[/quote]

True, the lastr time I refereed USAPL, it was the ADFPA. At that time the rule was the bar had to stop. As soon as I saw that happen, I gave the press command. I was s stickler for the rules, but slanted to the lifter.

If I thought depth was close and it was a coin flip, I gave it to him. If I thought it was 1/8" to high, no lift.

[quote]Rugby_Owns wrote:
I bet she’s got a lil cock in those trousers[/quote]

As per my story, no cock.

And yes, she’s very nice when you meet her.

[quote]firebug9 wrote:
just alittle to many chemicals in her system for me to appreciate her lifting.[/quote]

Seriously?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
firebug9 wrote:
just alittle to many chemicals in her system for me to appreciate her lifting.

Seriously?[/quote]

Not to be a steroid hater, butt he gals using just bug me. the difference between men and women to me is the test levels. that high of test levels is weird to me.

However, her lifting is great and she is a very nice person to talk to.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Hanley wrote:
firebug9 wrote:
just alittle to many chemicals in her system for me to appreciate her lifting.

Seriously?

Not to be a steroid hater, butt he gals using just bug me. the difference between men and women to me is the test levels. that high of test levels is weird to me.

However, her lifting is great and she is a very nice person to talk to.

[/quote]

To each their own of course, but I don’t see any real difference between a guy choosing to and a girl. Once you cross that bridge you’re fucking with what your body’s meant to do be doing either way imo!