Because I Do What I Want

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:

dejavued…whoops! Sorry about that! I knew I couldn’t possibly be that clever. I just found myself saying that SO often recently that it was the only thing that sounded right! I’ll work on thinking of something equally clever and have it changed.
[/quote]

awww…no worries. i’m happy to share mah log name with a strong beyotch like urself.

Cycle 1, Wave B

Deadlift Warm up: 5x 95, 120; 3x140
3x165; 3x190; 7x215…13 lb PR

DB Reverse Lunges
8x45s; 5x45s; 6x45s; 5x45s

RDL
4x12x95

Leg Press
3x12x290; 20x200

Stability ball VUps
15, 10, 12, 10

Holy hell, my grip is fried. I couldn’t even grip the steering wheel, it is hard to type, and I don’t know how I am going to do my hair.

When I got to DC, I picked Nate up at the airport and immediately went to the gym with him. Already having worked out, I was there to video his lifts. Well, he works out at Gold’s and there are a lot of stupid people working out there - two in particular this night. There was the obvious curling guru, who didn’t actually do one full repetition, and the guy who spoke on his cell phone for literally a half hour. Nate did his entire squat workout, warm ups included, and this guy was STILL on the phone.

I happened to capture them both!
Once my hub decided not to be jacked up, and lets me get to it, I’ll upload. I promise, ya’ll will like this.

Holy Heck you are strong!

I have seriously not been able to access my hub for a week now. What the F is wrong? Anywho, here is the fabulous video, compliments of youtube, that I made while at Gold’s gym in Arlington, VA

Cycle 1, Wave C

Squat Warm up: 5x 75, 95; 3x115
5x145; 3x160; 9x180…13lb PR

Good Morning
12x95; 12x95; 13x95; 12x95

Single Leg Squat
2x20/leg; 1x10/leg

BB Hip Extension
4x95; 12x135; 12x135; 10x135

Ab Wheel
4x10

It’s really hard to hate a program that estimates PR every time you step into the gym. Granted, it IS my first cycle, and I know it won’t last forever! I am going to switch up my accessory work for the next cycle. I am struggling to keep my knees out in my squat - any good and not tedious exercises for the abductors?

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
I have seriously not been able to access my hub for a week now. What the F is wrong? Anywho, here is the fabulous video, compliments of youtube, that I made while at Gold’s gym in Arlington, VA

hahahha I’ve been waiting for this. That dude was seriously on the cell phone for the nearly half hour that it took me to do my squat workout. God my gym is douchey.

your so sneaky!

Nice squat PR! I have the same issue with keeping knees out. Or rather, even understanding what it means to “push knees out”, so I can’t help you there.

That vid is hilarious!

Love the video…

on the single leg squat, is that with your leg in front of you?? Like this?

nice vid n8tive :slight_smile:

N8tive: Sorry for not responding sooner, I’ve been super busy this week! Yes, that is the squat that I do. They are tough!

Cycle 1, Wave C

Bench Warm up: 5x 50, 60; 3x75
5x95; 3x105; 8x115…est 7lb PR

Accessory work included incline presses and wide grip pull downs. At some point in this day, I also did hell sprints. I was at home, and we have an awesome hill - so I just had to do it.

Cycle 1, Wave C

Deadlift Warm up: 5x 95, 120; 3x145
5x180; 3x200; 3x225…

So I completely failed at my last set. I pulled the first 2 relatively easy, and then as I was pulling the 3rd, I knew I wasn’t going to get a 4th. I tried resetting myself, and I just couldn’t move the bar. I was pretty bummed, but after I thought about it, I hadn’t lifted under ideal conditions. I had been sitting ina car for over 4 hours, and went straight to the gym - preformed some warm ups and activation work, but I think I may have seen a better performance if I hadn’t been sitting for so long. Regardless, that puts my estimated max just over 250, which is still fairly respectable, IMO

Accessory work included reverse lunges, leg press, and RDLs.

Cycle 1, Wave C

OHP Warm up: 5x 45, 50; 3x55
5x70; 3x80; 7x90… est 3 lb PR

I hate this day. If I didn’t notice some awesome shoulder development, I wouldn’t do it. Accessory work included neutral grip pulldowns, DB push presses, bent over rows, and a couple others things I don’t remember. I need to be more organized with my accessory work on my bench and ohp days. I just can’t seem to find anything I feel really helps me in terms of upper body work.

Polsen, knee cave in squats is my particular nemesis. In my case, my left leg is weaker than my right, I pull to the right and then wiggle my knees to compensate for this imbalance. I’m currently in ART therapy with a chiro who has given me lots of rehab exercises described at boring length in my log during the last few weeks.

If you think your abductors are the weakness, try the yes/no machine and see if that helps. (If you don’t know what I mean, its the one where guys can watch the girls open and close their legs).

Cycle 1 Recap
My estimated max increases are pretty profound - which is normal for the first few cycles on the program. As a summary, here is the breakdown of the increases:

Squat: 200->234
Bench: 130->146
Deadlift: 250->250
OHP: 100->111

Overall, I’m pretty please with the results. I’m not entirely sure what happened with the DL, but it may have something to do with the fact that I may not have been fully recovered from the Squats. I think I am going to switch my DL and squat days so that I can have more recovery time before DLing. I’ll see if that has any effect!

For the next cycle, the guidelines are to increase your estimated max from the original only 10 lbs for lower, and 5 lbs for upper movements. Then, calculate your warm up and working sets off of that.

I also have more entertainment. I was taping Nate’s DLs for the day…he’s playing in a race to 545 DL over in the PL forum and just hit his first 500 pull - and he wanted it on tape. Anywho, I was on an off day - and had participated in a Sport Conditioning Class earlier in the day (think high school football practice) - it was actually a lot of fun! So, I was happy to once again, sit in the calf raise chair, and tape him. In the process, I caught this guy in action!
[video]1719[/video]

Was that supposed to be a seated row? Wow.

ew. bad. he couldn’t row a boat if he tried. Good work on those bench + press PR’s Polsen. I was lagging on my squats for a while and decided to attack them earlier in the week which made a huge difference.

Wow, awesome work on your est. max increases!

Ouch @ the rows… I need to start filming the stupid shit I see in my gym

Hey, great work on the increases of your max!!
I’m sure you will only continue to go up!
Maybe do more SLDL and good mornings to get your DL up?

_Mel

I am so, so jealous of your OHP.

Nice work!