Beauty, Skin Deep. Scar Removal Help

Well, I am a sufferer of acne. Lots of it. My acne is so severe I’m actually finishing up a treatment of Accutane, it’s the last resort used to treat acne. Everything is almost all cleared uo

The thing is, no matter if I pop the acne or not, it scars. Any suggestions on how to remove scars on a large area, like the back and shoulders?

Thoughts?

I used to suffer pretty badly myself, so I can appreciate what you’re going through.

First, avoid popping your acne at all costs. Even if you scar anyway, you will be far worse off by squeezing them (not only will your scars be deeper, but it will encourage the spread of acne).

Surgical treatments like dermabrasion, chemical peels and laser resurfacing are generally considered to yield the best results, but I’m guessing that’s not a road you want to go down.

I’ve tried chemical peel kits (the kind that you apply yourself at home) when I was younger. But they don’t really work, at least not in my experience.

You might want to try Bio-Oil. It is usually recommended for fading all types of scarring (including acne scarring) and has a good reputation.

Hope that helps.

Talk to your dermatologist, they have all kinds of treatments that can help. You’ll peel like crazy for a few days, & it’ll take more than one treatment, but it’ll help a lot.

Vitamin E?

No experience on this one, just figured I’d throw it out there. It helps with stretch marks, I’ve heard on good authority, so I figured it might be of use with scarring as well.

i know exactly what you’re going through. i had terrible acne (tried accutane also, to no avail) from about 11 to 16. i’m 17 now. i still get them sometimes on my face, chest, and occasionally my back, although most of it is scars nows. i think my back and chest were the worst.

all i can say is time may help, the scars will fade (not completely) and the overall redness will go away (this will help the appearance the most). good luck