Beauty Pagent Body

Hey people I am training a beauty pagent contestant. So far in the first months she has gone from 24% bodyfat to 20% bodyfat. I am pleased but her abs have a long way to go. She has narrow hips so I am going to have to get her stomach as small as possible. I know decreasing bodyfat is through diet, but what other tips can you all give me. She also use to weight 60 pounds heavier so she has a little bit of loss skin around the abdomin. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

First of all, a low to really low BF% is not necessary in a beauty pageant. It’s the overall look. Also, I’m no expert here, probably Goldberg would be better to answer your question (since his gf has competed in beauty pageants and has been successful - she’s quite the stunner).

When exactly is her pageant? Also, I would expect that a "excessively athletic" look would work against her? So, I would keep in mind in maintaining a somewhat "curvy, feminine" look. Remember sodium content as the pageant nears. At this point, she should be maintaining a healthy water intake. As for the loose skin, I'm thinking that in time, that skin will regain elasticity in that area.

Insert the usual barrage of questions -here-, when someone doesn’t provide enough information. Age, training age, height, weight, timeperiod between 24-20% bodyfat transition, diet, workout, blah…

Search the back issues for an article regarding TVA training.

Sorry that I did not provide more information. The girl 20. 5’8" 140lbs 20% bodyfat. Took 4 weeks to go from 24 to 20% bodyfat. I used a mixture of meltdown training and EDT. Weight training was done 2-3 times a week. cardio was done 3-5 times a week. Diet was around 150 grams of protein, 100 grams of carbohydrates, 20-30 grams of fat. Xenadrine was also taken (note I tried getting her to take MD6). Also she hates vegetables so her carbs came from brown rice and sweet potatos, certain fruits, and oatmeal. I mean she does not even like lettuce. Anyways any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Better not be competing against me. I won second prize in a beauty contest, says so on this monopoly Community Chest Card! I own! And not just boardwalk and a couple hotels! I own fully and outright!

MBE: “T-Forum’s congenial co-dependant since 1443.”

-Eric

1. A couple things. First, 1% BF loss/week is pretty good, let’s try and keep that going. One thing you definately want to consider is maximal weight training as the bodyfat continues to lower. You’ll find the Forum is virtually in a concensus about that. 5x5 is really popular, 1/6 and Wave loading are excellent as well. What’s up with the carbs? I’m assuming/hoping 50g is postworkout? Well, for that matter, her calorie consumption right now is low as hell anyway. I know she’s not a 220lb male bodybuilder, but she’s barely eating over 1000 calories a day. If this is what it takes for her to loose weight, it seems as if her metabolic rate is abit supressed. Consult Berardi readings for more info on that. Anyway, I’m rambling now, I’ll shut up.

2. MBE: That, my friends, is humor!

My girlfriend competed in a contest not too long ago. What we did is posted on the photo forum. It was kinda extreme though as she decided to do it at the last minute. i would do things differently if we had more time.

Ease up on the PowerDrive Monkeyboy…