T Nation

Beating Tickets When You're Wrong?

So now going 5 mph over is comparable to thievery. Cool.

The way I see it is you have the right not to incriminate your self that also means you do not incriminate yourself by pleading the 5th

[quote]jo3 wrote:
clip11 wrote:
Personally I didnt feel I was wrong because I saved myself a shit load of money which I need more than the state. If i wouldve paid the tickets, the proceeds from that ticket wouldnt have made or breaked the state of Michigan.

Using this rationale, there’s nothing wrong with burglary, especially if the thief needs the money.[/quote]

But its my money to begin with, not Michigans. Im not taking from someone else im keeping what mine for myself.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

A whole bunch of communities throughout my region are being investigated by the Attorney General for shortening the yellow lights and fucking with timing cycles to generate revenue.

There are also state mandated criteria for stop signs to be valid and speed limits for different types of areas. If you know that the lights have been screwed with or other violations are being committed by a township or borough you can turn the tables on the township pretty damn hard and fast.

Look into your states mandated criteria for these things. A lot of places around here are getting audited and hit hard for being dicks like that.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
Who thinks its wrong to beat a ticket if you know youre in the wrong?

Ive had several traffic tickets that Ive beaten when I know ive been wrong. My most recent was when i ran a red light and had no proof of insurance and bad registration. I went to court anyay and the officer never showed up, so I had the choice of admitting responsibility or pleading not guilty. I plead not guilty.

Personally I didnt feel I was wrong because I saved myself a shit load of money which I need more than the state. If i wouldve paid the tickets, the proceeds from that ticket wouldnt have made or breaked the state of Michigan.[/quote]

Ironically Michigan is in a horrible place financially and probably could very well use your “proceeds.” Also, using words such as, “breaked,” are a testament to the states horribly uneducated population. While I’m with you about the bad registration and insurance, running red lights is pretty irresponsible.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
Fight a ticket always. Piece of advice, have insurance and a registration and be very polite tot he officer. Rememebr they are lied to everyday. Don’t care if they lecture you are have an attitude. Your attitude will control everythign from here on ot.
Before the hearing ask to talk to the officer. Ask him for a lessor charge that won’t give you points are insurance issues. You would be surprised but many officers won’t show up and second will give you a lessor charge.[/quote]

Ok…as a cop, I gotta comment on this…as far as fighting the ticket its up to you, but just remember that the cop gets paid for court…so (speaking for myself) I dont mind ppl fighting tickets cuz that means more money in my pocket! :). And attitude plays a major role in whether you’re issued a citation, or a warning…if your an ass, chances are you’ll get a ticket…if you talk to an officer respectfully, he/she may give you the warning, or (I do this at times) give you the ticket, and let you kno how to beat it…you’ll have to go to court, but the ticket would be dropped, and/or the points wouldnt be enfored on your license. And talking to the officer when in court (at least in MD) doesnt really have any effect, unless its a DUI case or some type of drug case…just my two cents…

Simple answer for this. Just man the fuck up and take the damn ticket.

Tryna beat a ticket when you know you’re wrong is like knocking up a chick and leavin her ass alone with the baby. It just ain’t right no matter how you look at it. Use rubber kids.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
Simple answer for this. Just man the fuck up and take the damn ticket.

Tryna beat a ticket when you know you’re wrong is like knocking up a chick and leavin her ass alone with the baby. It just ain’t right no matter how you look at it. Use rubber kids.[/quote]

First a speeding ticket is compared to stealing money from innocent people, and now someone’s trying to compare it to leaving a woman with your baby, therefore ruining her life. Either you’re just being dramatic, or your one of those people that have it in their heads that law and procedure are just and correct 100% of the time.

[quote]Mettahl wrote:
First a speeding ticket is compared to stealing money from innocent people, and now someone’s trying to compare it to leaving a woman with your baby, therefore ruining her life. Either you’re just being dramatic, or your one of those people that have it in their heads that law and procedure are just and correct 100% of the time.[/quote]

How is it stealing money from innocent people? It’s not an all or nothing thing. Getting a ticket for parking in the wrong spot for a few minutes, going 5 kmph over speed limits and running a light that just turned red are bullshit tickets.

If you’re caught doing 160 in a 100 zone with other drivers around you, that ticket ain’t “stealing money from innocent people”, you actually are a danger to other people and deserve some form of punishment.

But I agree with that alot of speeding tickets are bullshit. Should be based on individual cases and offences.

[quote]dathibluline wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Fight a ticket always. Piece of advice, have insurance and a registration and be very polite tot he officer. Rememebr they are lied to everyday. Don’t care if they lecture you are have an attitude. Your attitude will control everythign from here on ot.
Before the hearing ask to talk to the officer. Ask him for a lessor charge that won’t give you points are insurance issues. You would be surprised but many officers won’t show up and second will give you a lessor charge.

Ok…as a cop, I gotta comment on this…as far as fighting the ticket its up to you, but just remember that the cop gets paid for court…so (speaking for myself) I dont mind ppl fighting tickets cuz that means more money in my pocket! :). And attitude plays a major role in whether you’re issued a citation, or a warning…if your an ass, chances are you’ll get a ticket…if you talk to an officer respectfully, he/she may give you the warning, or (I do this at times) give you the ticket, and let you kno how to beat it…you’ll have to go to court, but the ticket would be dropped, and/or the points wouldnt be enfored on your license. And talking to the officer when in court (at least in MD) doesnt really have any effect, unless its a DUI case or some type of drug case…just my two cents…[/quote]

I’ve gotten out of tickets by showing respect and admitting the infraction tot he officer. I sort of beat two by showing up a6t a hearing and talking to him before about a ticket with no points.

Honesty and politeness is what will “beat” the ticket.

[quote]dathibluline wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Fight a ticket always. Piece of advice, have insurance and a registration and be very polite tot he officer. Rememebr they are lied to everyday. Don’t care if they lecture you are have an attitude. Your attitude will control everythign from here on ot.
Before the hearing ask to talk to the officer. Ask him for a lessor charge that won’t give you points are insurance issues. You would be surprised but many officers won’t show up and second will give you a lessor charge.

Ok…as a cop, I gotta comment on this…as far as fighting the ticket its up to you, but just remember that the cop gets paid for court…so (speaking for myself) I dont mind ppl fighting tickets cuz that means more money in my pocket! :). And attitude plays a major role in whether you’re issued a citation, or a warning…if your an ass, chances are you’ll get a ticket…if you talk to an officer respectfully, he/she may give you the warning, or (I do this at times) give you the ticket, and let you kno how to beat it…you’ll have to go to court, but the ticket would be dropped, and/or the points wouldnt be enfored on your license. And talking to the officer when in court (at least in MD) doesnt really have any effect, unless its a DUI case or some type of drug case…just my two cents…[/quote]

If you don’t mind me asking what county are you in? I live in PG, just want to make sure I don’t piss you off :wink:

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:

If you’re caught doing 160 in a 100 zone with other drivers around you, that ticket ain’t “stealing money from innocent people”, you actually are a danger to other people and deserve some form of punishment.

[/quote]

You would not get a ticket for that. That would be an instant arrest.

I’m willing to bet a few hits in the balls that most tickets are something small (such as your 5 mph over example, or parking in the wrong spot for a minute (which I got a ticket from my university for recently, because my time on the pay machine had been expired for literally 2 minutes when I got to my car).

Hell no it’s not wrong. Fuck the police.

And my friend just got out of a weed charge because of “teen discrimination.”

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
dathibluline wrote:
tom63 wrote:
Fight a ticket always. Piece of advice, have insurance and a registration and be very polite tot he officer. Rememebr they are lied to everyday. Don’t care if they lecture you are have an attitude. Your attitude will control everythign from here on ot.
Before the hearing ask to talk to the officer.

Ask him for a lessor charge that won’t give you points are insurance issues. You would be surprised but many officers won’t show up and second will give you a lessor charge.

Ok…as a cop, I gotta comment on this…as far as fighting the ticket its up to you, but just remember that the cop gets paid for court…so (speaking for myself) I dont mind ppl fighting tickets cuz that means more money in my pocket! :).

And attitude plays a major role in whether you’re issued a citation, or a warning…if your an ass, chances are you’ll get a ticket…if you talk to an officer respectfully, he/she may give you the warning, or (I do this at times) give you the ticket, and let you kno how to beat it…you’ll have to go to court, but the ticket would be dropped, and/or the points wouldnt be enfored on your license.

And talking to the officer when in court (at least in MD) doesnt really have any effect, unless its a DUI case or some type of drug case…just my two cents…

If you don’t mind me asking what county are you in? I live in PG, just want to make sure I don’t piss you off :wink:
[/quote]

Lol I live in PG too…but I work for the College Park police dept…

[quote]dathibluline wrote:

Lol I live in PG too…but I work for the College Park police dept…[/quote]

that must be fun, lol

[quote]Artem wrote:
Hell no it’s not wrong. Fuck the police.

And my friend just got out of a weed charge because of “teen discrimination.”[/quote]

You come across as an absolute wanker, even if you have been repeatedly discriminated against (i’m assuming so from your attitude), the average police officer is still doing a job which is important to your well being. You act like your hard and want to be a gangster, why?

[quote]Artem wrote:
Hell no it’s not wrong. Fuck the police.

And my friend just got out of a weed charge because of “teen discrimination.”[/quote]

You shouldn’t say THAT. They’re doing their job, which includes keeping you safe from the occasional pedophile and murder. You should be damning the fact that we have some rediculous laws. Cops are actually necessary for a community.

That’s like someone who didn’t like Bush insulting me because of going into the Marines. I would probably kill them with a penis through the ear.

Someone I know claims his friend will always call 911 when he is being pulled over, claiming he wants to make sure the officer is legit. and supposedly this bullshit, helps him get out of tickets

[quote]Artem wrote:
Hell no it’s not wrong. Fuck the police.

And my friend just got out of a weed charge because of “teen discrimination.”[/quote]

You’re an idiot. Do you know any cops personally? That’s right you’re what 16? When you actually grow up and have some adult relationships you will most likely have conversations with grown ups who are police officers. And you’ll realize they’re normal people just like in any profession.
And just as it may be, some people suck at life, even police officers. But not all.