T Nation

Beach Weights?

As I post this I realize that I’ll be coming across as some idiot however I’m going to risk it anyway.

For pre comp “pumps” I know that some BBers don’t target all the muscles as apparently, pumping the tri’s make don’t make them stand out more and don’t increase vasscularity at all. They advise just to do Bi’s for instance.

Now, being the superficial bastard that I am I plan on getting a quick pump at the gym this morning before hitting the beach; high reps, supersets and intense however I’m not sure what exactly to do?

ie, mascle groups… (bar the obvious: ALL)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

So it can fade in 20 minutes?

Don’t waste your time.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

Don’t waste your time.[/quote]

ah yes. good point. somewhere in my early morning logic I failed to consider that.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

Don’t waste your time.[/quote]

Not if you take NO-Explode!!

(kidding)

ya i did this right before the beach… and i inadvertantly worked out like everyday on vacation nearly… haha

i enjoy working out, so if i get an added 30 mins to walk around looking jacked(we all know how we look after the pump), and get a good feel of a pump, i do it regardless of how long my muscles stay full.

also helps out balance all the crappy food/drinks i eat on vacation… as i usually plan in advance to make it a heavy cheat week so i stay pretty clean the weeks prior

[quote]texasguy wrote:
Ghost22 wrote:

Don’t waste your time.

Not if you take NO-Explode!!

(kidding)[/quote]

if I add some CEE & dextrose & maltodextrin to my PWO WHEY then I usually keep it for about 45min.

Well, for pumping up you definitely want to hit Delts, Biceps, Pecs, Abs. Go through the routine in circuit fashion. Moving from one muscle group to the next, no rest between sets. Keep the tension on the muscles and squeeze hard.