Beach Equipment

I’m a college student and will be lifeguarding at a beach this summer. I’ve spent the last five months on a olympic/powerlifting program. I’m looking to invest in one piece of equipment to help maintain strength for the summer months before I can get back into the gym routine. I was thinking about a 50lbs kettle bell. What would you suggest?

Why exactly do you have to stop your gym routine?

a lot of these positions are in boony/touristy areas without a gym. That or he doesn’t want to pay for a gym membership

craigslist a 300 lb bar + weight set. You can haggle one down to be under $100. Also pick up a set of bands off elitefts. If you don’t do that or get a summer pass to a gym, enjoy being weak.

Get something to do pullups on, and do a bucket load of them along with one arm pushups and sprints.

Some great ideas…

Weighted beach ball.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Weighted beach ball.[/quote]

Would be a great mould to make atlas stones, no? Make a hole, pour concrete, leave it in the sun a few days and cut the ball off. Or leave the ball on and wait for someone to come along and kick it.

yeah actually scratch the previous.

-Brah its all about water jugs and gangsta sqwats…

[quote]cueball wrote:

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Weighted beach ball.[/quote]

Would be a great mould to make atlas stones, no? Make a hole, pour concrete, leave it in the sun a few days and cut the ball off. Or leave the ball on and wait for someone to come along and kick it.[/quote]
That’s EXACTLY how my gym made their atlas stones. Worked great.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Why exactly do you have to stop your gym routine?[/quote]

I work 40 hour weeks and have well over 15 hours during this time to work on fitness. A particular amount of physical activity must be completed each day as well as technical inservice. Only makes sense to workout while on the job.

Thanks for the input everyone.