Beach Cut

[quote]kerplunk wrote:
and don’t forget to bring an umbrella for that pasty white midwest skin.[/quote]

as pasty as it gets. gotta love it! spf 9500

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
LOL @ 9% after seeing avatar.

OP there is a conditioning forum. Go there and stop wasting time here. [/quote]

what would your estimation be of his BF? Just curious?

.greg.[/quote]

No idea but it was clearly done with calipers. And those calipers didn’t catch that pouch above the waistband.

The number doesnt matter at all. Everyone carries fat different. If I never saw someone post their bodyfat % again I’d be pleased.

And for the sake of irony I figure myself to be above 10 in my avatar. There are shoes in the background for all you naysayers. [/quote]

I agree (especially with the never seeing another BF% posted again)

.greg.

The reason I posted BF% was to give an idea of where I am already for the purpose of the question. If I was 20% body fat, it would be ridiculous to ask how to look good for one day.

It would have also been ridiculous to give my BF% in a question about what is the best type of bicep curl…and it would have been ridiculous to ask the best bicep curl question in the first place, but i digress.

I am going to try out the 6 day shredded plan and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Beach season? short digression? pointless, 6 day shredded plan might help a tad but wouldn’t be worth it. If you want to cut up then cut up from now until start of beach season, once it comes you can just bulk or if your disciplined clean bulk from there. That’s the best way to just have fun, so hypothetically you would drop another few percent and either stay there or go back to 9 from start to end of the season. With 9 being pretty good. Plus you’ll be bulking up with mostly muscle

But starting a 6 day change in diet plan is going to do nothing when you go back to your regular diet for the next 3 months.

you might wanna try the Rapid Fat Loss diet… for someone with your BF% it’d only be 11 days of dieting… with a little refeed at the end. So in two weeks you’d be beach ready… that might work

.greg.

seeing as i spend half my life at the beach, tips for looking good.

1. get a tan
  2. wear your shorts low
  3. no shoes or sandals!
    4.SMILE a lot! look like you belong there.
  4. stop worrying about your bodyfat, lean and muscular is good enough.
  5. grow your hair long.:wink:

(why is this in the bodybuilding forum)

oh, and Honest lifter, whatever you do do not stand like you are in your avatar.

yes Op for the love of god smile alot

[quote]alit4 wrote:
oh, and Honest lifter, whatever you do do not stand like you are in your avatar.[/quote]

haha. yeah, i think this guy needs to be changed. appreciate those extra tips though.

[quote]honest_lifter wrote:
I know this is a very superficial question, but beach season is coming up. I don’t go often, but I want to look good when I go. I am about 210 @ 9% BF. My question is, what is the best thing to do leading up to going to the beach so that I will look my best with a very short digression from regular diet.

I like to think of it as getting ready for a contest, but to a MUCH lesser degree. If there is a way to drop any quick fat or even just make the muscles pumped for that one day…

Yes, very superficial, but I am sure others would want to do the same thing. Any tricks for body manipulation in this very specific area?[/quote]

Honest_lifter you vain person! lol (just kidding)

I think one of the main things for getting shredded is water control (keep sodium in the diet very low).

I always remember going on a very “pure diet” to flush out my system (had a very bad year of virus’ etc), and ate nothing but fruit, eggs, nuts, fish etc and I got “accidentaly” shredded…as a side effect.

[quote]its_just_me wrote:

I know this is a very superficial question, but beach season is coming up. I don’t go often, but I want to look good when I go. I am about 210 @ 9% BF. My question is, what is the best thing to do leading up to going to the beach so that I will look my best with a very short digression from regular diet.

I like to think of it as getting ready for a contest, but to a MUCH lesser degree. If there is a way to drop any quick fat or even just make the muscles pumped for that one day…

Yes, very superficial, but I am sure others would want to do the same thing. Any tricks for body manipulation in this very specific area?[/quote]

I think one of the main things for getting shredded is water control (keep sodium in the diet very low).

I always remember going on a very “pure diet” to flush out my system (had a very bad year of virus’ etc), and ate nothing but fruit, eggs, nuts, fish etc and I got “accidentaly” shredded…as a side effect.[/quote]

Water control doesnt matter unless someone is already crazy lean.

Did you get ‘shredded’ because of water manipulation or because the virus caused you to lose a ton weight?

The Force is telling me this post is full of fail.

Should’nt this be on the darkside: Get a Life / Physique Performance Photos forums???

Whatever.

OP you’re lean if that’s what you want to hear.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Run a cycle. [/quote]

With 300mcg of clen per day

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

I always remember going on a very “pure diet” to flush out my system (had a very bad year of virus’ etc), and ate nothing but fruit, eggs, nuts, fish etc and I got “accidentaly” shredded…as a side effect.[/quote]

Did you get ‘shredded’ because of water manipulation or because the virus caused you to lose a ton weight? [/quote]

It was both. I did lose some weight, but it wasn’t much compared to the effect of the different food choice I made (even though the calorie intake was pretty much the same as before). Bear in mind, that I noticed the difference in just 3 days after already losing weight and maintaining (lost one and a half inches around the stomach) so it wasn’t just fat loss…(those were the days where I was meticulous at taking measurements, sometimes up to twice a week like that particular week lol)

In some people (like myself), things like dairy/wheat can cause a certain level of water retention/bloatedness. It doesn’t stop me from eating them, and I wouldn’t discourage it, but if I was going to get ripped again I’d lower/cut them.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

You don’t think that honest_lifter is lean enough? I think that so long as ABs are decently visible (like with H_L), then water control via diet can still make a decent difference. Besides that, H_L wants something quick, and dropping water retention is a good way of doing that.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Did you get ‘shredded’ because of water manipulation or because the virus caused you to lose a ton weight? [/quote]

It was both. I did lose some weight, but it wasn’t much compared to the effect of the different food choice I made (even though the calorie intake was pretty much the same as before). Bear in mind, that I noticed the difference in just 3 days after already losing weight and maintaining (lost one and a half inches around the stomach) so it wasn’t just fat loss…(those were the days where I was meticulous at taking measurements, sometimes up to twice a week like that particular week lol)

In some people (like myself), things like dairy/wheat can cause a certain level of water retention/bloatedness. It doesn’t stop me from eating them, and I wouldn’t discourage it, but if I was going to get ripped again I’d lower/cut them.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
[/quote]

You don’t think that honest_lifter is lean enough? I think that so long as ABs are decently visible (like with H_L), then water control via diet can still make a decent difference. Besides that, H_L wants something quick, and dropping water retention is a good way of doing that.[/quote]

No, I dont think the visible difference will be noticeable for it to be worth being dehydrated on the beach, a place where someone is looking to enjoy themselves and hang out, not worry about holding water or not. Basically no one outside of a bodybuilding judge will notice the difference. Cutting water for visible change is a lot different than cutting water to make a weight restriction.

Simply avoiding sodium isn’t the right way to do it either. The body will eventually compensate or begin to cramp up, depending on how extreme one goes.

Water manipulation for day at the beach is an absolutely, horrendously bad idea. Unless you’re doing a photo shoot there, please spare yourself the trouble.

That said, looking at your avatar you’re mostly storing fat in your love handles, which is generally very indicative of some insulin resistance. Drop your carbs to 30g/day or below for about 2 weeks while increasing your dosage of fish oil to 1g per bf% point. (credit to Thibs).

Get on a great fat loss workout (see my article for that): Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

Add in carbs slowly after the first two weeks.

Supplements should include HOT-ROX and if you handle stimulants well, a little extra yohimbine HCL can’t hurt.

Withing 3 weeks you’re more than fine.

I’m not talking about dehydration to THAT extreme…just the type of water retention that is lost from the going low carbs and getting rid of excess sodium in the diet etc.

It’s not that difficult to do this…

Funny enough, the diet I mentioned was reasonably low carb (not ketogenic) especially compared to normal. I had no more than 5 portions of low carb fruits/day and made up most of the calories via brazil nuts (low carbs) and eggs. Got plenty fish oil via salmon every day (that was pretty expensive lol).

Funny enough, the diet I mentioned was reasonably low carb (not ketogenic) especially compared to normal. I had no more than 5 portions of low carb fruits/day and made up most of the calories via brazil nuts (low carbs) and eggs. Got plenty fish oil via salmon every day (that was pretty expensive lol).[/quote]

how did that work out for you?

[quote]John Romaniello wrote:
Water manipulation for day at the beach is an absolutely, horrendously bad idea. Unless you’re doing a photo shoot there, please spare yourself the trouble.

That said, looking at your avatar you’re mostly storing fat in your love handles, which is generally very indicative of some insulin resistance. Drop your carbs to 30g/day or below for about 2 weeks while increasing your dosage of fish oil to 1g per bf% point. (credit to Thibs).

Get on a great fat loss workout (see my article for that): Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

Supplements should include HOT-ROX and if you handle stimulants well, a little extra yohimbine HCL can’t hurt.

Withing 3 weeks you’re more than fine. [/quote]

You don’t know shit! Get the hell out of here! j/k John good stuff :slight_smile:

[quote]John Romaniello wrote:

Withing 3 weeks you’re more than fine. [/quote]

I do store my fat there. I do very well on carbs for energy and gaining mass in general. However, I do lose weight EXTREMEMLY fast on a low carb week. (I have done one low carb diet in my life and I lost a little over 10 lbs, and i only did it for 4-5 days)

My concern is because the weight loss was so fast, that I lost mostly muscle.

I am going to read you article, which I appreciate very much. I do hear that phrase “insulin resistance” a lot, but am not 100% sure what it means. Could someone explain it to me?