T Nation

Be Careful With Guar Gum.

[quote]helga wrote:

I love that you still ate it![/quote]

OMG I got tears in my eyes from that. Freakin hilarious!!

[quote]bluepulse wrote:
helga wrote:

I love that you still ate it!

OMG I got tears in my eyes from that. Freakin hilarious!!

[/quote]

haha, man, i had one of the worst cases of the drizzles when i woke up. if i had added some coconut to my prebed shake it could be called a “pina colonic” (alright i stole that one from the simpsons).

Phill:
“and LOW carb think Curds and whey the cottage cheese is the curds.”

• lol dude were you talking to someone or doing something else while you typed this up? I don’t really understand what you mean. i know youre trying to something about how great the protein breakdown is, but … what? haha.

Guar gum is a great way to drop weight for a comp. That and milk of magnesia. Why would you fuck up perfectly good cottage cheese with anything? Cottage cheese and pepper with a dash of lemon juice (lemon pepper without the glucose fructose). Then eat the peanut butter by itself off of a butter knife right out of the jar, chunky. OR put the pnut butter on the knife and get a small bowl of choco grow powder. Rub the pnut butter in the grow and lick it off, reeses pnut butter lick-a-sticks.

I’m another one who does the cottage cheese & peanut butter & chocolate protein powder thing and it tastes great.

The key is to add about 200ml water and a bunch of ice. Tastes like a snickers thickshake.

[quote]oldskinnyfat wrote:
I’m another one who does the cottage cheese & peanut butter & chocolate protein powder thing and it tastes great.

The key is to add about 200ml water and a bunch of ice. Tastes like a snickers thickshake.[/quote]

Replace the cottage cheese with some heavy cream frozen into cubes and you get snickers low carb ice cream ninja!

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
Cottage cheese and pepper with a dash of lemon juice [/quote]

LOL WHAT?

i stand corrected.

[quote]SGDerek wrote:
Cottage cheese and peanut butter with some chocolate protein is amazing.[/quote]

BLAH!!

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
helga wrote:
SGDerek wrote:
Cottage cheese and peanut butter with some chocolate protein is amazing.

I tried mixing cottage cheese and chocolate protein powder together after reading that so many people here do it. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. I nearly spewed 4 times while eating it.

That’s because those people were just trying to sound cool, like they really eat like that.[/quote]

Like when somebody said that they melt peanut butter on brocoli?

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
helga wrote:
SGDerek wrote:

I tried mixing cottage cheese and chocolate protein powder together after reading that so many people here do it. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten. I nearly spewed 4 times while eating it.

That’s because those people were just trying to sound cool, like they really eat like that.

[/quote]

Pre bed I eat cottage cheese, peanut butter, flax oil, egg and protein powder. Seperately.

Ya’ll need to understand that it is OK to eat things on their own.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER PEOPLE. FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Everyday, during mid afternoon, I have a super-nutrient shake. It consists of Shiitake mushrooms, broccoli, yogurt, pan-browned turkey crumbles, spinach, blueberries, 6 ice cubes, 2 cups water, and 4 tbsp flax. This is the perfect shake for anybody trying to get assloads of nutrients.

There is not much that tastes better than the following:

1/2 cup cottage cheese

A dash of fat-free milk (for extra liquid without too many extra carbs)

2 scoops chocolate protein powder (I use BMF’s X4, because it is absolutely delicious–better than nestle cocoa)

Blend on LIQUIFY until it is ALL LIQUID. If there are shards of solid cottage cheese, it is nasty. If it is all liquid, it is the most delicious shake imaginable. Throw in some peanut butter if you don’t mind the extra fat…

Yogurt, Peanut Butter, and Banana Metabolic Drive.

Fuckin’-A right.

[quote]Rykker wrote:
Yogurt, Peanut Butter, and Banana Metabolic Drive.

Fuckin’-A right.[/quote]

Now that’s more like it!

I know alot of you are against all artificial sweetners and hate the peanut butter with your cottage cheese but if you mix in a couple packets of Splenda it will make a huge difference. I actually mix in a little Banana Metabolic Drive and its one of my favorite meals.

Sure I am.
Best thing before going to bed.
Sometimes I’ll take some fish oil with it and maybe some honey.
Very palatable.

[quote]Serious Guy wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
Try mixing cottage cheese with peanut butter.
YUMMY!!!
BIGRAGOO wrote:
consumer wrote:

1/2 cup of salt-free cottage cheese
1 scoop low-carb Metabolic Drive
2 tbsp milled flax seeds

all mixed in water.

Here’s my question: Why cottage cheese? Why not use plain yogurt? Cottage cheese is a bit salty and chunky, while yougurt is smooth and creamy, and a bit sweet. It mixes so much better that cottage cheese and it TASTES better in a shake. God, how in hell do you manage to choke that shit down? I like cottage cheese, just by itself or with a few crackers.

Your not serious with that Cottage Cheese and Peanut Butter combo, right?[/quote]

But I like mixing things together.
I’m a complex guy.
I never eat anything alone…well,sometimes honey.

[quote]helga wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
helga wrote:
SGDerek wrote:

That’s because those people were just trying to sound cool, like they really eat like that.

Pre bed I eat cottage cheese, peanut butter, flax oil, egg and protein powder. Seperately.

Ya’ll need to understand that it is OK to eat things on their own.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MIX EVERYTHING TOGETHER PEOPLE. FOR FUCKS SAKE![/quote]

Anybody ever try tuna and V-8 in the blender with some spices. That’ll kickstart your morning. And the cottage cheese+pb is very good in my opinion but I love cottage cheese to begin with. Cottage + banana whey= awesome.

[quote]SGDerek wrote:
Cottage cheese and peanut butter with some chocolate protein is amazing.[/quote]

True that.

The trick is not to overkill on the cottage cheese, otherwise it’ll ruin the flavor.

Using full fat non flavored plain yogurt is also pretty good with just about ANYTHING you can throw in there, well, not smoked salmon, but I’ll save that for another time and place.

Thought I’d bump this because I just tried something similar and the thickness was beyond belief. Used xanathan gum (1 tbsp) in 2 cups water, 1 oz blueberries, 2 strawberries, 1 scoop whey and it was this weird thickness which is just barely drinkable. This stuff would be great for cutting diets keeping you filled up.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Thought I’d bump this because I just tried something similar and the thickness was beyond belief. Used xanathan gum (1 tbsp) in 2 cups water, 1 oz blueberries, 2 strawberries, 1 scoop whey and it was this weird thickness which is just barely drinkable. This stuff would be great for cutting diets keeping you filled up.[/quote]

yea i believe it would really help a lot of people feel full when on the VD if they just used a tad bit of guar or xanthan gum in their shakes, but like i and others have said, a very tiny bit.