T Nation

BCAA's or Carbolin 19 For Bulking

I had to stop taking Alpha Male due to some side effects but I was wondering if you had to choose between taking BCAAs or Carbolin 19 (which was out of stock…grrr) for bulking which you would take.

Thanks

-DT

[quote]davidtower wrote:
I had to stop taking Alpha Male due to some side effects but I was wondering if you had to choose between taking BCAAs or Carbolin 19 (which was out of stock…grrr) for bulking which you would take.

Thanks

-DT[/quote]

The answer isn’t that simple. You are talking about two products that are not really comparable. BCAA’s are branched chained amino acids. You get these from eating protein and by supplementing with them you are keeping levels of amino acids high in the bloodstream keeping anabolism high and warding off being catabolic.

Carbolin 19 is a highly anabolic compound that if you have a good nutrition and lifting program will help gain muscle and overtime drop bodyfat.

I would say if your nutrition is good go with Carbolin 19 as a first choice and if finances allow at some point throw the BCAA’s in with them. BCAA’s are always a good idea and I will always use them as a standard.

D

BCAAs first, Carbolin 19 second.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
davidtower wrote:

Thanks

-DT

The answer isn’t that simple. You are talking about two products that are not really comparable. BCAA’s are branched chained amino acids. You get these from eating protein and by supplementing with them you are keeping levels of amino acids high in the bloodstream keeping anabolism high and warding off being catabolic.

Carbolin 19 is a highly anabolic compound that if you have a good nutrition and lifting program will help gain muscle and overtime drop bodyfat.

I would say if your nutrition is good go with Carbolin 19 as a first choice and if finances allow at some point throw the BCAA’s in with them. BCAA’s are always a good idea and I will always use them as a standard.

D [/quote]

My nutrion is good although I need to up my calories by about 500 per day since I’ve plateaued at 182lbs. I’m doing a clean bulk and I do eat protein regularly throughout the day. I also get some extra aminos from my peri-workout Surge (love the new raspberry btw).

When it’s in stock again, I think I will try the Carbolin 19. I definitely noticed the Alpha Male but I don’t know how much of it was the tribulus and how much was the effect of the Carbolin 19. It’s hard to quantify just what excess cAMP buildup will do for you.

I appreciate any and all input

-DT

[quote]davidtower wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
davidtower wrote:

Thanks

-DT

D

My nutrion is good although I need to up my calories by about 500 per day since I’ve plateaued at 182lbs. I’m doing a clean bulk and I do eat protein regularly throughout the day. I also get some extra aminos from my peri-workout Surge (love the new raspberry btw).

When it’s in stock again, I think I will try the Carbolin 19. I definitely noticed the Alpha Male but I don’t know how much of it was the tribulus and how much was the effect of the Carbolin 19. It’s hard to quantify just what excess cAMP buildup will do for you.

I appreciate any and all input

-DT

[/quote]

As Chris pointed out BCAA’s would be a good first choice as well. I have been using them since their release religiously and have been making some of the best body composition changes that I have ever made as well as strength gains. I contribute a large portion of this to BCAA’s and BETA-7 in addition to my overall nutrition and supplementation regimen.

D

Make no mistake about it, BCAA’s are good stuff.