BCAA's or Aminos... Steroid Like?

hahah nice pun.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
Depends on the steroid and dosage used.

Obviously BCAAs are not going to put 10 to 20 lbs on you in a couple of weeks, but I have seen dramatic gains (fat reduction, increased muscularity and improved recovery) since going to a higher-dosage protocol. This is similar to what one might expect from a low dose steroid cycle designed for athletes and not BBs.[/quote]

I second that, especially the fat loss

I took them during a bulking cycle cause the higher load left me sore as hell,does an awesome job of helping with soreness-didnt notice anything with helping lose fat,but I was bulking.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
keysersozae wrote:
I melt the BCAA tablets in a saucepan then mix with a little oil and inject into my glute. I have gained 70 lbs of solid muscle.

If you’d like I could lay out my BCAA cycle and dosing protocols.

Are you kidding?
[/quote]

That guy in his avatar is a drawing of him obviously.

so you are saying Christian Thibaudeau is putting his reputation on the line by lying about the effects he has witnessed using BCAA’s on his clients? He clearly states in the Biotest bcaa description that on his high dosage bcaa protocol that it is like being drug-like.

I believe that 5-10g used 5 times daily would produce pretty dramatic results. So i say this is for real…because i doubt Christian would bullshit us.

[quote]facko wrote:
so you are saying Christian Thibaudeau is putting his reputation on the line by lying about the effects he has witnessed using BCAA’s on his clients? He clearly states in the Biotest bcaa description that on his high dosage bcaa protocol that it is like being drug-like.

I believe that 5-10g used 5 times daily would produce pretty dramatic results. So i say this is for real…because i doubt Christian would bullshit us.[/quote]

Even if it was drug-like, you’d spend a lot more on it than on AAS. Don’t get me wrong, I love BCAAs. I just don’t think they can be compared to steroids. From all the products that Biotest made, MAG-10 is probably the one that gave “drug-like” effects.

I think someone here isn’t sceptical enough.
Haven’t you seen those 20 different ab machines sold by “reliable” people that gurantee a toned 6 pack…come on…some people will embelish their product for a little extra $$$

Anyone got a link to this article, I’d love to see it.

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
facko wrote:

I believe that 5-10g used 5 times daily would produce pretty dramatic results. So i say this is for real…because i doubt Christian would bullshit us.

Even if it was drug-like, you’d spend a lot more on it than on AAS. Don’t get me wrong, I love BCAAs. I just don’t think they can be compared to steroids. From all the products that Biotest made, MAG-10 is probably the one that gave “drug-like” effects.[/quote]

Lol…obv its not as powerful as AAS…but at the same time i think if you were to buy bcaa powder in bulk…it wouldnt be all THAT much $. Even if it came out to more money then a cycle…i doubt you will be worrying about gyno or acne or a plethora of other sides.

Besides, has anyone actually taken his recomended amount for more than three days?

Anyone?
Bueller?

I ordered some of the new BCAAS, but I’ve only been taking 3-4 at a time. Mostly Pre WO and PWO, right when I wake up, and right before I go to bed. It seems like my gains and results from working out are much better…but it could be placebo.

all i know is within 3 months of training, the first month i gained about 10lbs, the second month about 8 lbs. then i incorporated BCAA’s and that month i put on another 12 lbs.

the problem with my experience is that i’ve steadily increased my food intake, so i’m not sure if CT’s protocol really did give me great results or it’s just that i’m a beginner and all i needed was some damn heavy assed lifting coupled with tons of food?

either way im continuing the use of BCAA’s for a little while longer i have this other botella. Like that spanish use there?

Yeah same…my gains are better with the BCAAS…but part of it could just be my food intake…Im not sure. I want to give credit to the BCAAS but I’m a sceptical person and know the placebo affect hits home a lot w/ people.

Those gains you boys are describing are not likely from BCAA’s (entirely) and I’m going to guess you guys just figured out how to eat and/or are new to training. No?

Anyway, I think that something with an aas with more anabolic properties like anavar or primo (in low to normal doses) probably can work like the higher doses of bcaa that are being reccomended. Also since those two aas are some of the most expensive (and side affect free) they make a good comparison, but the bcaa are probably still going to be ALOT cheaper. Especially if you but them in bulk powder form.

BTW, MAG-10 is/was a steroid. Just not an illegal one, for a nice peroid of time.

Those gains you boys are describing are not likely from BCAA’s (entirely) and I’m going to guess you guys just figured out how to eat and/or are new to training. No?

Anyway, I think that something with an aas with more anabolic properties like anavar or primo (in low to normal doses) probably can work like the higher doses of bcaa that are being reccomended. Also since those two aas are some of the most expensive (and side affect free) they make a good comparison, but the bcaa are probably still going to be ALOT cheaper. Especially if you but them in bulk powder form.

BTW, MAG-10 is/was a steroid. Just not an illegal one, for a nice peroid of time.

If I wanted to do “hiit” style cardio 6 days a week and had unlimited amounts of bcaa’s would I still be at risk of over-training?

do we really need to start prefacing our questions with “has anyone [besides a newbie that has just learned how to eat a lot of food and/or lift heavy weights; and also excluding those whom have lifted for “years” yet have also just learned how to eat lots of food] experienced this…”

i mean come on? if youre a newbie save your damn money! the food and the weights are enough!

No i didn’t JUST LEARN. and I didnt JUST start doing it either.
So wrongo.

[quote]
Lol…obv its not as powerful as AAS…but at the same time i think if you were to buy bcaa powder in bulk…it wouldnt be all THAT much $. Even if it came out to more money then a cycle…i doubt you will be worrying about gyno or acne or a plethora of other sides.[/quote]

I did just that. A few weeks before Biotest came out with their BCAA product I bought a LOT of bcaa powder online as it was cheaper to buy in bulk. The hype that was building for bcaa worked against them in my case. I seem to remember calculating that by weight it was only about 2 or 3 times the cost of protein powder. Since protein is fundamentally amino acids I think bcaa’s can be put in the same boat as protein powder and fish oil in that they are supplements but also food.

The products I bought were cheaper than Biotests, however I think I may have suffered quality wise. Taking the large amounts of these powdered bcaa’s gives me the shits. I’ve read suggestions saying that by starting with a small daily amount and progressively taking more each day your digestive system will adapt to the bcaa’s, but I find this to be hard to do in practice. My schedule has been too busy lately to risk that. I can’t be running to the bathroom every hour while at work.

This may also be true with the tabs, but until your body adjusts to the bcaa’s they are about as effective as colon blow.