BCAA's, Capsules vs. Powder

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
MISCONCEPTION wrote: capsules if I threw them in water they dissolved , none of the tablets did.

Your GI tract has little in common with a glass of water. The pH is significantly different.

Such a test doesn’t have any indication of the disintegration of tablets once you swallow them.[/quote]

Well acording to poliquin many people dont have the proper acid environment. I can say however that the stabbing pains from HUGE HORSE pills are enough for me to know if something is ok or not.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
My biggest fear was that gulping a huge boat load of pills would kill my stomach, but I give props to Biotest because I don’t even notice them after I swallow them down. I keep powder and the pills handy, both have their time and place where they are most useful.[/quote]

Same here. I’ve never had a problem taking large amounts of Biotest’s BCAA’s.

[quote]MISCONCEPTION wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:
MISCONCEPTION wrote: capsules if I threw them in water they dissolved , none of the tablets did.

Your GI tract has little in common with a glass of water. The pH is significantly different.

Such a test doesn’t have any indication of the disintegration of tablets once you swallow them.

Well acording to poliquin many people dont have the proper acid environment. I can say however that the stabbing pains from HUGE HORSE pills are enough for me to know if something is ok or not.[/quote]

You said you have some parestalsis, which is a digestive issue, right? Where movement of the GI tract stops? (Please correct me if I’m wrong!)

It doesn’t sound like only cause of your problem is because they are so honkin’ huge. “Eh, I’ve seen bigger.”

I’m not trying to be an ass, but it just seems a little goofy to complain about the product itself when the issue is likely due to an actual medical condition.

Mod Brian wrote:

Such a test doesn’t have any indication of the disintegration of tablets once you swallow them.

Well acording to poliquin many people dont have the proper acid environment. I can say however that the stabbing pains from HUGE HORSE pills are enough for me to know if something is ok or not.[/quote]

Poliquin was taking about food in general, not amino acids which are already broken down proteins. It is my understanding they pass right through and are absorbed.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
MISCONCEPTION wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:

Well acording to poliquin many people dont have the proper acid environment. I can say however that the stabbing pains from HUGE HORSE pills are enough for me to know if something is ok or not.

Poliquin was taking about food in general, not amino acids which are already broken down proteins. It is my understanding they pass right through and are absorbed.[/quote]

I thought his exact words were, “Before you spend any money on expensive supplements, GEt your stomach acid properly functoning”!

I take one scoop powder after workout? Anyone have any other suggestions on when to take another scoop, or is one enough?

im gunna buy the Biotest tabs. but i also want to get a powder kind to. whats a high quality and cheap product???

Mod Brian wrote:
MISCONCEPTION wrote:

Shit, you should see the size of Optimum Nutritions regular Amino 2222. THOSE are horse pills. The Biotest BCAA are quite small in comparison.

[quote]richardson23 wrote:
im gunna buy the Biotest tabs. but i also want to get a powder kind to. whats a high quality and cheap product???[/quote]

I use Optimum Nutrition BCAA 5000 powder which I get for about 17 bucks for 60 servings. I dump this in my Surge PWO, give it a shot.

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
richardson23 wrote:
im gunna buy the Biotest tabs. but i also want to get a powder kind to. whats a high quality and cheap product???

I use Optimum Nutrition BCAA 5000 powder which I get for about 17 bucks for 60 servings. I dump this in my Surge PWO, give it a shot.[/quote]

sounds good brother

BTW… As far as the Tablet/Capsule

If anyone has ever gotten a BCAA burp off of one of those capsules and had some powder come back up and land on your tongue… Dear God. I don’t wish that on anyone.

As a comparison, I chose a fairly priced BCAA from BB.com:

SciFit BCAA powder = 6 cents per gram in bulk

Biotest BCAA = 10.8 cents per gram

Also… the Biotest stuff comes in the ratio your body uses it, so none of it is wasted. I’ll stick with the pills from here.

Edited - Math was wrong…

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

If anyone has ever gotten a BCAA burp off of one of those capsules and had some powder come back up and land on your tongue… Dear God. I don’t wish that on anyone.

SciFit BCAA powder = 18.5 cents per gram in bulk

Also… the Biotest stuff comes in the ratio your body uses it, so none of it is wasted. I’ll stick with the pills from here.

[/quote]

You guys are nuts…how bout beating 1kg for about 43 bucks out the door…

Anyone trying to use the dosing protocols from the "experts" will soon find out, that you will BE OUT in a week to two weeks at these dosages with any pill/caps....the powder is the way to go unless you have money to burn..plus I've never had a problem digesting it at all..mix it with some crystal light pre/post wkout, and between meals and you're body is in heaven.
                 Tonebone

Agree with InTheZone.

For tablets, Biotest is a no brainer.

For powder, according to Bill Roberts himself, Superior Nutraceuticals offers the best in both price and quality.

Poliquin’s bcaa’s are made with the ratio that all the studies have been done with.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

SciFit BCAA powder = 18.5 cents per gram in bulk

You guys are nuts…how bout beating 1kg for about 43 bucks out the door…

Anyone trying to use the dosing protocols from the "experts" will soon find out, that you will BE OUT in a week to two weeks at these dosages with any pill/caps....the powder is the way to go unless you have money to burn..plus I've never had a problem digesting it at all..mix it with some crystal light pre/post wkout, and between meals and you're body is in heaven.
                 Tonebone[/quote]

I agree you will be out in a week or two with the tabs. The Biotest ones are good, gave me no problems with digestions whatsoever, and I was pounding 30 tabs during workouts.

The cheapest two prices I have seen for bulk powder so far is 1kg for 34.95, and 1kg for 39.99. If you find or anyone else can find a site who can beat that, let me know.

I ran out of Biotest’s bcaa’s and the store I sometimes goes to was out. The guy gave me a container of powder for next to nothing. So, I tried the 40g during a workout protocol and nearly threw up. The taste is absoulutely god awful. It’s labelled as “unflavoured”. If you can call “ass with horse piss overtones” a non-flavour, then I guess it is. It seems to get worse as time goes on too. Almost like it ferments or something.

Stick with the tablets.

I use Biotest as much as I can, but this is one where I prefer bulk powder. I buy it in kilogram bottles, and I use about 20-25 grams for pre, peri, and post workout (total). That would be a shitload of pills.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Agree with InTheZone.

For tablets, Biotest is a no brainer.

For powder, according to Bill Roberts himself, Superior Nutraceuticals offers the best in both price and quality.[/quote]

That’s the source I use. They’re excellent…

Nice avatar Damage, looking fuckin lean bro..good job.

Greekdawgs got it right too..

see ya guys, TB

[quote]TYR wrote:
I ran out of Biotest’s bcaa’s and the store I sometimes goes to was out. The guy gave me a container of powder for next to nothing. So, I tried the 40g during a workout protocol and nearly threw up. The taste is absoulutely god awful. It’s labelled as “unflavoured”. If you can call “ass with horse piss overtones” a non-flavour, then I guess it is. It seems to get worse as time goes on too. Almost like it ferments or something.

Stick with the tablets.[/quote]

No, get the shit from superiornutraceuticals.com like we said…shit tastes like ass huh?? what do you want a fuckin candy bar…?

Their stuff isn't bad tasting, it just floats, so you have to whisk the fuck out of it with the crystal light or your protein powder then you're good to go..        

Did you ever think why the guy gave you a tub for next to nothing?? 

The shit we're talking about is pharmaceutical grade top notch shit, so man up and get the quality your body deserves, or waste your money on fuckin tabs all day long...the choice is there for the taking.
                 TB