BCAAs!... (Again)

Ive been thinking about switching things up and not only taking BCAAs pre/post w.o. but inbetween every meal as well… Has anyone CONSISTENTLY done this… supposedly gains can be drastic…

On another note don’t BCAAs spike insulin… Taking them consistently inbetween meals would make us less sensitive to insulin which in turn would make our post w.o. insulin spike less effective…

And turn our bodies fat burning switch off and storage switch on during the course of the day… Im confused on the issue and want to clear things up before I start taking BCAAs between every meal.

Quite honestly, I just don’t think it’s necessary too especially if you drink protein shakes. I was taking around 50-60 grams of BCAA’s a day for a while, and noticed increased recovery time for sure! I’m not sure about the BCAA’s spiking insulin, I’m sure its no worse than any fast burning carb though.

Turns out that Leucine does spike insulin.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1367018

That is an incredible article.

I believe that article is still advocating the use of BCAAs. Insulin is important for the uptake of amino acids into cells.

Since I’ve started mega dosing BCAAs (60g on non-workout days, 90g on workout days) my gains have skyrocketed. My lifts went up 30+ pounds in the first month (deadlift up 50 lbs). And I put on about 6 pounds in that month. My recovery is also amazing. Squat workouts that used to leave me in a wheelchair for days literally have no impact on soreness - I’m good to go the next day or two.

Honestly, low dosing does nothing while trying to add mass. However, megadosing is by far the most effective non-AAS supplement protocol IMO.

“By limiting protein degradation, leucine may allow for a net protein synthesis post-resistance exercise, leading to greater muscle hypertrophy. Essentially, this insulin response will provide an environment that promotes tissue building, as opposed to tissue breakdown.”

Taken from the article.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
Honestly, low dosing does nothing while trying to add mass. However, megadosing is by far the most effective non-AAS supplement protocol IMO.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, how do you cram that kind of dose into your day? I’m currently taking 20g/day during workouts but can’t imagine taking over 4 times that. Any tips?

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
Honestly, low dosing does nothing while trying to add mass. However, megadosing is by far the most effective non-AAS supplement protocol IMO.

Out of curiosity, how do you cram that kind of dose into your day? I’m currently taking 20g/day during workouts but can’t imagine taking over 4 times that. Any tips?[/quote]

My guess is that if you can get 20g in during a 1-2 hour workout, you could manage to get 60-90g in during a regular day.

That BCAA intake would scale nicely with the amount of money I spend on gas a month. How can you afford that???

I’m never getting the powdered shit after my tub is gone, but I don’t think I can get more than 3 bottles of Biotest BCAA a month though…