BCAA's, A Good Choice?

I am 15. I have been lifting weights for a bout 2 years now. I do squats, chins, dead lifts, bench, and all the main stuff. I have pretty good diet. I eat pretty clean and I get a good amount of protein.

I have read about BCAAs and i was wondering if i could take them to boost myself to the next level. Is it okay at my age? should i even bother?

opinions, stats, personal experiences are welcome.
thanks

bcaas are good for everyone. They are amino acids. taking them is almost highly recommended as takin protein supplements. They are gonna “boost ya to the next level”, but with a good diet, they will help in protein production and prevent catabolism.

Yes, it’s ok for your age.

No, you don’t need them at this stage.

[quote]ABenns wrote:
I am 15. I have been lifting weights for a bout 2 years now. I do squats, chins, dead lifts, bench, and all the main stuff. I have pretty good diet. I eat pretty clean and I get a good amount of protein.

I have read about BCAAs and i was wondering if i could take them to boost myself to the next level. Is it okay at my age? should i even bother?

opinions, stats, personal experiences are welcome.
thanks [/quote]

Supplements like this are completely unnecessary at your age.

Besides, why are you worried about eating “clean” at 15 yrs. of age? Sure, you shouldn’t go overboard on junk food, but you should be eating everything in site unless you are significantly over fat.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Yes, it’s ok for your age.

No, you don’t need them at this stage.[/quote]

Exactly.

You’re young and still inexperienced. Besides, you can get plenty of amino acids from whole food and from basic supplements like protein powder and a post-workout drink like Surge (they contain the various amino acids including glutamine and others).

There is no need for you to add an additional BCAA supplement if you already do the above.

thank you guys for the responses, and i will take your thoughs into account.

Responding to what you guys said about eating clean. I do eat some junk food occasionally, but I do not starve myself. I am not fat, and I feel that eating good food, and alot of them helps me when I play lacrosse. I drink tons of milk, and alot of fruits, nuts, vegetables, and meats.

you will ultimately find that increasing the amount of food you eat will be what ‘boosts you to the next level’

[quote]ABenns wrote:
thank you guys for the responses, and i will take your thoughs into account.

Responding to what you guys said about eating clean. I do eat some junk food occasionally, but I do not starve myself. I am not fat, and I feel that eating good food, and alot of them helps me when I play lacrosse. I drink tons of milk, and alot of fruits, nuts, vegetables, and meats.
[/quote]

At your age, I wouldn’t worry too much about the occasional unhealthy meal. You make it sound like you’re already in good shape, and not a fat boy. You’re active, and the majority of the time are eating healthy.

If you’re worried, you can always make better fast-food decisions. For example: water instead of soda, (and these days) fruit instead of French fries.