BCAA: What Would Happen If...

As BCAAs are anti catabolic, what do you guys think would happen if someone was to supplement with only that source of protein + minimal amounts of fats and carbs during a diet?

Would there be some muscle loss?

When saying using bcaas as the only protein source here, I’m talking ~250-300g/day

You would probably be severely deficent in all the other essential aminos. They’re essential for life, lol. Not also to mention the all or nothing principle when it comes to muscle. All amino acids need to be present for muscle protein synthesis to occur (even though some are used more favorably than others). Doesn’t seem like a healthy idea to me.

No offense, but wow. Yes you would lose muscle. First of all bcaas are not protein they are amino acids, three of the essential amino acids. You need to have all essential amino acids present to synthesize proteins, intake of non-essential amino acids is not absolutely necessary as the body can synthesize them itself. If you were to only consume bcaas they would be converted into pyruvic acid then changed to keto acid intermediates like CoA and fed into the krebs cycle, which produces ATP.

Amino acids can also be changed into glucose. To repair damaged tissue your body would have to remove the amino acids necessary from existing tissue (especially muscle), to build proteins more important in sustaining life.

[quote]zraw wrote:
As BCAAs are anti catabolic, what do you guys think would happen if someone was to supplement with only that source of protein + minimal amounts of fats and carbs during a diet?

When saying using bcaas as the only protein source here, I’m talking ~250-300g/day[/quote]

HOW THE FUCK IS SOMEONE GOING TO LIVE ONLY ON ISOLEUCINE, VALINE, AND LEUCINE?

AND HOW THE FUCK WOULD ONE PULL THIS OFF?

THIS FORUM IS GOING TO PUT ME IN THE FUCKING FUNNY FARM!

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

THIS FORUM IS GOING TO PUT ME IN THE FUCKING FUNNY FARM![/quote]

the avatar and this = LOL

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
zraw wrote:

When saying using bcaas as the only protein source here, I’m talking ~250-300g/day

This board is full of morons. How do you have ~2x as many posts as I and have not figured that out yet?

My advice: kick back and have fun with it.

Sooner or later people will either wake up, stop over thinking things, and start making progress again, OR they’ll keep on going down the road they’re on until they end up with a severe eating disorder. either way it’s win-win for me!

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
Bricknyce wrote:

THIS FORUM IS GOING TO PUT ME IN THE FUCKING FUNNY FARM!

This board is full of morons. How do you have ~2x as many posts as I and have not figured that out yet?

[/quote]

Glad both of you decided to contribute your valuable opinions. While the OP’s idea is as extreme and unhealthy as they come try having fun instead of losing your mind over it.

Brick you of all people should know stress raises blood pressure. Take it easy big guy! It puts the lotion on its skin…

[quote]zraw wrote:

When saying using bcaas as the only protein source here, I’m talking ~250-300g/day[/quote]

Interesting to think about, but I’m not sure how effective this would be. There are still essential amino acids you wouldn’t really be getting through your diet. I’ve never heard much about this type of massive bcaa loading. Try it and let us know!

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
zraw wrote:

Interesting to think about, but I’m not sure how effective this would be. There are still essential amino acids you wouldn’t really be getting through your diet. I’ve never heard much about this type of massive bcaa loading. Try it and let us know![/quote]

Why tell him to try it? Essential amino acids are essential to LIVE and can only be provided by our diets. He would be putting his health on the line by neglecting them. There would be an endless list of health complications he could encounter if he had tried said protocol, not to mention possible death. Its honestly a really bad idea, really stupid. I replied “nicely” in my first post, but I can’t believe someone would recommend trying it.

First of all, in no way was I trying to say I, or anyone else for that matter, should try it.

I was just wondering what would happen, and that only being because bcaas are supposed to be anti-catabolic.

But I would agree the question was still dumb cause for some reason I just tought

“Hey, BCAAs are said to be anti catabolic so…”

And didnt even think about amino acids lol

Still, I would like to see someone try it. Lol

[quote]toocul4u wrote:

Interesting to think about, but I’m not sure how effective this would be. There are still essential amino acids you wouldn’t really be getting through your diet. I’ve never heard much about this type of massive bcaa loading. Try it and let us know![/quote]

NO do not try this. Really don’t. You can megadose bcaas if you like but you NEED complete proteins in your diet.

[quote]SolidGround wrote:

NO do not try this. Really don’t. You can megadose bcaas if you like but you NEED complete proteins in your diet.[/quote]

Point has been made. END THREAD.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
SolidGround wrote:

NO do not try this. Really don’t. You can megadose bcaas if you like but you NEED complete proteins in your diet.

Point has been made. END THREAD.[/quote]

Agreed; when people call certain Amino acids ‘essential’, they are not overstating the situation.

Also agree with Bricknyce.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
zraw wrote:

The combination of this post and his avatar got me LOLing for a good 5 minutes…o the mental image, hahahaha

[quote]SolidGround wrote:
toocul4u wrote:

Interesting to think about, but I’m not sure how effective this would be. There are still essential amino acids you wouldn’t really be getting through your diet. I’ve never heard much about this type of massive bcaa loading. Try it and let us know!

NO do not try this. Really don’t. You can megadose bcaas if you like but you NEED complete proteins in your diet.[/quote]

that’s kinda why i pointed out the fact that there are essential aminos you wouldn’t be getting. try it and let us know wasn’t meant to seriously give this a go. but if he did, i’d want to know about it

[quote]toocul4u wrote:

that’s kinda why i pointed out the fact that there are essential aminos you wouldn’t be getting. try it and let us know wasn’t meant to seriously give this a go. but if he did, i’d want to know about it[/quote]

I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Lets let this thread die plz

Bump.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Bump.[/quote]

lmao