BCAA Timing on Off Days

whens the best time to take BCAA’s on my off training days
thanks neil.

Upon waking prior to breakfast and before going to bed.

Yes, upon waking and before bed and or if you know you are going to not be able to eat for an extended period of time is a good idea to down some IMO. I also like to down some with an apple or Spike Shooter if I am going to do something physically taxing like go on a hard hike or some other hard kind of labor like moving. They give me energy.

D

man i miss shooters; its been about 2mo…hm…

but yeah, at night works really good. if you get up to pee in the middle of the night, leave some in the bathroom or something…

the BCAA’s i take are in a pill form and says take 2 before and 2 after training. so should i take 2 in the morning and 2 before bed on my off day? sorry i didnt explain myself properly first time round.
neil.

[quote]irvs wrote:
the BCAA’s i take are in a pill form and says take 2 before and 2 after training. so should i take 2 in the morning and 2 before bed on my off day? sorry i didnt explain myself properly first time round.
neil.[/quote]

irvs, those are generic directions. You have to understand what you are taking to better understand how you specifically should use it. BCAA’s are the building blocks of protein. Your muscles are made of protein and need protein to repair and rebuild.

Let’s say you went all day without eating. Muscle is used by the body before fat is for energy requirements. So, your body would start to cannibalize your hard earned muscle to meet fuel needs. End result for a person working to build and keep muscle would unfortunately be muscle loss.

This is where BCAA’s and MRP’s come into place. By using them in between meals and at times where you might not be able to eat for an extended period they greatly help to keep the bloodstream supplied with aminos to keep catabolism (muscle loss) at bay. You can follow the two and two on off days, but also use them during the examples given for best use.

D

I’ve been taking BCAAs for about a month and a half now and I’ve had great results with them. However, I found since I am a bigger guy it would be more beneficial to increase my dosage. For example on days I work out I�??ll take 4 pills in the morning, 4 pills before my workout, 4 after my workout and finally another 4 with ZMA at night. Even though my bottle was just like yours where it said take 2 before a workout and 2 afterwards.

On my off days I just take 4 before breakfast and 4 before dinner.

However, I still don�??t even know if I am taking a sufficient amount because of my body size (I�??m a 285lb Offensive Lineman for a university football team)

So if anyone has any further information on this matter that would be great.

Furthermore, you might want to look up on some information about HMB. It is a protein breakdown suppressor which aids and supports in muscle recovery. I have been taking this supplement and have nothing but good things to say about it.

That�??s just my two cents. Any more information would be greatly appreciated.