BCAA Timing Importance

From what I’ve read, the following is the most-least important times for consuming 5g BCAA.

1: Post-Workout
2: Pre-Workout
3: Upon waking
4: Before bed
5: In between meals

Is this correct? That seems a bit excessive, at 5g per serving.

[quote]franchise95p wrote:
From what I’ve read, the following is the most-least important times for consuming 5g BCAA.

1: Post-Workout
2: Pre-Workout
3: Upon waking
4: Before bed
5: In between meals

Is this correct? That seems a bit excessive, at 5g per serving.[/quote]

Looks like you got the whole day covered. :slight_smile: and yes looks about right would change a bit for goals etc. Like if on a crazy cut taking a serving at night while sleeping may help, etc

Phill

Wake up to take a serving?

So literally I would be taking 35g of BCAA’s on top of whatever is already in my protein powder? That just seems a bit much. How big of a difference would that make as opposed to say taking upon waking, pre, & post-work out?

Poliquin :
I recommend taking 0.44 g per Kg of bodyweight. Take half of this dosage within 30 minutes before training. Take the other half right after training.

But I have one question , what about non training days , should I use BCAA in same amount as on training days and when to take them ?

[quote]franchise95p wrote:
So literally I would be taking 35g of BCAA’s on top of whatever is already in my protein powder? That just seems a bit much. How big of a difference would that make as opposed to say taking upon waking, pre, & post-work out?[/quote]

That is what experts were recommending WELL BEFORE this site was selling them. Poliquin now sells his own brand of BCAAs and Biotest now sells them, but YEARS ago before anyone had a financial incentive to do so, high doses were recommended. This doesn’t mean the experts are right. But it does mean that the experts were making this recommendation without their eyes on some financial prize.

Frankly, your question is passive aggressive. “Are you really sure that 35 grams is what they meant?” Um, wow, you’re right: That’s really NOT what they meant! You really don’t need so many grams of BCAAs! Thanks for asking that clarifying question. We were living in the dark before you did!

If you can’t afford or simply don’t want to use 35 grams a day, then don’t. No one cares. And people are getting plenty big without using BCAAs. So it’s no big deal for you if you use them.

In my opinion the only people who “need” them are athletes who need to boost recovery because of frequent practices and training sessions. Even someone lifting hard doesn’t need the recovering enhancing effects of BCAAs. It just won’t make a difference in the aggregate for a recreational bodybuilder.

So take them. Or don’t. But please stop asking passive-aggressive questions.

My question was about the importance of the timing…as in, is this the order that seems to be the most favored, does one time have a greater importance than another.

I don’t plan on taking them that frequently. I do plan on taking some in addition to that which is found in my PWO shakes. I was merely trying to make sure that the info I had gathered as far as the more beneficial times was correct.

This site, or any other site’s products had absolutely zip to do with anything. You’re the one that brought it up…not me. If people want to take something 7 times a day, that’s fine and that’s their call. It has shit to do with what I’m planning and more aptly, my program and other people’s “financial prize” focus are completely separate issues.

Once again, since you seem slow, I am trying to find out THE MOST BENEFICIAL TO LEAST BENEFICIAL TIMES TO TAKE BCAA’S IN ORDER TO MAXIMIZE MY PERSONAL USAGE OF THEM.

I think CaliforniaLaw’s dog just died…or he slammed his testicles in the car door…he seems unreasonably irritable.

Your questions seem reasonable and I am glad you asked them…

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

It just won’t make a difference in the aggregate for a recreational bodybuilder.

[/quote]

What do you base this upon?

-dizzle