BCAA Supplement: Does Brand Matter?

So I’m looking into purchasing some BCAA’s. However, the Biotest brand is sort of on the expensive side. The only real difference that seems to vary from brand to brand is the ratio of L-isoleucine, L-Leucine, and L-valine.

The whole “exact ratio found in muscle!” thing just seems like a typical Biotest marketing. Does this exact ratio necessarily mean it’s better than other brands?

Which BCAA supplement do you use?

All BCAAS are expensive. If you decide you really need them BCAA or L-leucine powder is a cheaper option, but many can not stand the taste unflavored.

As far as BCAA pills Biotest is priced very reasonable. Whey is much cheaper and good enough for most.

Leucine is the most anabolic of the BCAAs. Brand matters, as supplements are an unregulated industry. How do you know whether you’re getting what’s on the label?
Some “bullet points”:

I use BCAAs.

There are BCAAs in food (esp. cottage cheese) and whey protein.

But I’ve found that when low-carb dieting on very low cals, 5 grams in between meals are crucial.

If I were not dieting, I wouldn’t use them.

BCAA’s are great. But, if they’re out of your price range, just eat/drink more protein from other sources (i.e. steak, chicken, fish, quality protein powder, etc) that have less of a financial burden.

BCAA’s by themselves are not a ‘must have’ product. However, getting enough protein in general is a MUST.

So if I’m going to be going on a bulking diet where I’m going to be eating meat all day (The Anabolic Diet), would you say then, that BCAA supplementation is not necessary?

Beneficial? Probably, especially pre and post workout. Necessary? Definitely not.

Ok so what I’ll probably do is suck it up and buy some, and just limit their use to pre and post workout, so it should last me a while. Thanks guys!

[quote]Velz wrote:
Ok so what I’ll probably do is suck it up and buy some, and just limit their use to pre and post workout, so it should last me a while. Thanks guys![/quote]

Just buy a whey with a high ratio of BCAA - cytosports is good i believe.

Its not necessary IMO - but if you have the ash - go for it.

[quote]Velz wrote:
Ok so what I’ll probably do is suck it up and buy some, and just limit their use to pre and post workout, so it should last me a while. Thanks guys![/quote]

If you don’t care about taste and are willing to drink down anything in order to get the benefits of BCAA order them bulk, I’m very happy I did.

Check out Supplement Police as they have a few lab assays on BCAA’s from various companies.

How much do you plan to take? If you only plan on taking 5g a day, i prob run with Biotest, anymore & id like at a bulk powder.

If cost is an issue go with Biotest and use them bare bones minimum before and after workout. You may want to consider right at waking and right before bed as well. If at those times only they will still be beneficial for maintaining an anabolic environment.

Take care,

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
If cost is an issue go with Biotest and use them bare bones minimum before and after workout.[/quote]

If cost is an issue, he shouldn’t be using them at all. You have to use a lot to get much of a benefit. The OP would be better off drinking whey protein between meals.

ON has a decently cheap one out, I believe they have 2, their regular and a superior one. I think you can find the regular one on line for like $10

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
If cost is an issue go with Biotest and use them bare bones minimum before and after workout.

If cost is an issue, he shouldn’t be using them at all. You have to use a lot to get much of a benefit. The OP would be better off drinking whey protein between meals.
[/quote]

Your assertion not mine. I still believe they would be a benefit at the times I mentioned. The biggest doses I take, even though I take at other times in the day, are large amounts before and after training and I have noticed a difference in endurance and recovery.

D

I use the Biotest BCAA tablets. You can’t beat the convenience for the price.

brand doesn’t matter.

it’s the same shit, different packaging.

Anynobody know of any good bulk BCAA powders? cheap preferred. I don’t care about taste.

Type Bulk BCAA on google. It should be first on your search.