T Nation

BCAA Question

Right now Im taking dymatize super amino 4800, 4pills thrice daily. After reading the quote of the day about inhaling bcaa’s Im wondering If I should be taking them more, or more often. Right now Im taking them First thing in the AM, post workout, and before bed. Is this sufficient, or should I increase my consumption?
Thanks
Jason

If you have the $$$ it will only help

Phill

For the benefit, I have the money. What would be the ideal amount for me to take then?

[quote]TubbyNoMore wrote:
For the benefit, I have the money. What would be the ideal amount for me to take then? [/quote]

30-40g a day maybe?

I’m taking these too, they seem good and they have 5g protein per dose too.

I’m taking 16-20g pre & post workout.

Right now Im taking dymatize super amino 4800, 4pills thrice daily. After reading the quote of the day about inhaling bcaa’s Im wondering If I should be taking them more, or more often. Right now Im taking them First thing in the AM, post workout, and before bed. Is this sufficient, or should I increase my consumption?
Thanks
Jason[/quote]

Taking them in the AM and PM hours is fine, but use whey protein as your protein source and drop the BCAA pills as your post workout source. The whey I use already has BCAA’s.

All complete proteins by nature contain branched-chain amino acids. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t be complete.

Right now Im taking dymatize super amino 4800, 4pills thrice daily. [/quote]

After looking at this product’s label, I’m beginning to suspect it’s a gimmick. It looks like these are mainly protein pills with only a few amino acids (L-Serine, L-Tryptophan, and L-Valine) added.

If you want a real BCAA product, purchase something like our BCAA which contains pure free-form branched-chain amino acids.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Cthulhu wrote: The whey I use already has BCAA’s.

All complete proteins by nature contain branched-chain amino acids. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t be complete.[/quote]

Yes. I am well aware of that. If you read my post correctly you would see that is why I said that Whey Protein already had BCAA’s in them, like all complete proteins, so there is no point in dropping the whey and using the BCAA’s post workout.

Although all complete proteins contain BCAA’s, it can still be ideal to use BCAA’s in between meals and in the AM and PM hours when cutting and even bulking since they’re so easily digested by the body.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:Yes. I am well aware of that. If you read my post correctly you would see that is why I said that Whey Protein already had BCAA’s in them, like all complete proteins, so there is no point in dropping the whey and using the BCAA’s post workout.

Although all complete proteins contain BCAA’s, it can still be ideal to use BCAA’s in between meals and in the AM and PM hours when cutting and even bulking since they’re so easily digested by the body.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure I did read your post correctly.

I also never insinuated that BCAA supplements shouldn’t be used. In fact, I believe they are great. I usually supplement my pre and post-workout Surge with additional BCAA tablets.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
TubbyNoMore wrote:
Right now Im taking dymatize super amino 4800, 4pills thrice daily.

After looking at this product’s label, I’m beginning to suspect it’s a gimmick. It looks like these are mainly protein pills with only a few amino acids (L-Serine, L-Tryptophan, and L-Valine) added.

If you want a real BCAA product, purchase something like our BCAA which contains pure free-form branched-chain amino acids.[/quote]

I dunno, my label has the same ingredients as the Biotest brand, but different amounts:

L-isoluceine: 825mg
L-leucine: 1305mg
L-valine: 795mg

Am I missing something?

[quote]rsg wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:
TubbyNoMore wrote:
Right now Im taking dymatize super amino 4800, 4pills thrice daily.

If you want a real BCAA product, purchase something like our BCAA which contains pure free-form branched-chain amino acids.

I dunno, my label has the same ingredients as the Biotest brand, but different amounts:

L-isoluceine: 825mg
L-leucine: 1305mg
L-valine: 795mg

Am I missing something?[/quote]

Read the actual ingredients and it shows that the bulk of the product is whey protein.

What seems like a good deal initially is just an expensive protein supplement with a small amount of added amino acids.