T Nation

BCAA, Glutamine, & Green Tea

I have been training for 2 years and have put up decent numbers in strength and in size, and now I?m looking to add more supplements into my routine. Currently I?m just taking a daily multi vitamin and protein powder.

I walked into GNC today and asked an employee where I could find Glutamine and BCAA?s and she told me if I get enough protein during the day then taking individual amino acids is pointless.

I then asked for Green Tea Extract and she also told me taking Green Tea Extract to aid fat loss is also pointless. I don?t know shit about supplements and was wondering if someone could give me a few tips and lead me in the right direction.

I am actually a little shocked that a GNC employee would be turning away business.

The simple answer is that those supplements do work. There are a lot of people on these and other forums who take them and can attest to their effectiveness when taken at the right times.

In terms of bang for your buck though, I’d probably add Creatine before BCAA’s and Glutamine. Green tea is good for you for a variety of reasons. I personally think there are much more effective fat burners out there though.

I am actually a little shocked that a GNC employee would be turning away business.

The simple answer is that those supplements do work. There are a lot of people on these and other forums who take them and can attest to their effectiveness when taken at the right times.

In terms of bang for your buck though, I’d probably add Creatine before BCAA’s and Glutamine. Green tea is good for you for a variety of reasons. I personally think there are much more effective fat burners out there though.

i just started taking green tea and it givs a good feeling of well-being.

Avoid GNC…you lucked out this time, but next time they will push all kinds of useless crap on you.

Definitely give creatine a try.

[quote]pjw630 wrote:
i just started taking green tea and it givs a good feeling of well-being.[/quote]

X2

This has to be a joke I’ve never seen a GNC employee push anything away.

Why does it have to be a joke? The employees aren’t robots so it’s bound to happen.