T Nation

BCAA, Flameout, No Training?

Ok guys I am not training at the moment in the gym ( family issues ) some push ups and lite weight squatting I have read a lot of the benefits of Bcaa and fish oil, so the question is can I benefit from taking BCAA and Flameout with out training?

Fish oil is beneficial for EVERYONE! -but id save your $$$ & not buy Flameout, get a generic brand, unless you have unlimited funds. BCAAs wont really help unless you workout, eat well.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Fish oil is beneficial for EVERYONE! -but id save your $$$ & not buy Flameout, get a generic brand, unless you have unlimited funds. BCAAs wont really help unless you workout, eat well.[/quote]

Actually, depending on how much you are eating & how much muscle you have to preserve, BCAAs can be beneficial especially when you are not around food.

Certainly there’s more benefit than if you don’t take them.

But try to get some bodyweight work or simple isometrics into your day.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Fish oil is beneficial for EVERYONE! -but id save your $$$ & not buy Flameout, get a generic brand, unless you have unlimited funds. BCAAs wont really help unless you workout, eat well.[/quote]

If you workout the dosages of EPA/DHA, FLAMEOUT is a great value because it is so concentrated.

Fish oil yes, BCAA not at this point.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Fish oil is beneficial for EVERYONE! -but id save your $$$ & not buy Flameout, get a generic brand, unless you have unlimited funds. BCAAs wont really help unless you workout, eat well.[/quote]

It’s funny you say that, because in my research Flameout has been the cheapest per mg of Omega-3. Maybe I’m confused.

Personally, I’m taking this week mostly off [studying for lawschool finals]. It’s a good time for it. I’ve been hitting the weights really hard and time for a backoff week. I plan to pop the BCAAs like candy.

I usually come back stronger and maybe even gain a little size after a backoff week when my body is ready for one. I plan to give it the fuel it needs to build and recover and be good and rested.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Personally, I’m taking this week mostly off [studying for lawschool finals]. It’s a good time for it. I’ve been hitting the weights really hard and time for a backoff week. I plan to pop the BCAAs like candy.

I usually come back stronger and maybe even gain a little size after a backoff week when my body is ready for one. I plan to give it the fuel it needs to build and recover and be good and rested.[/quote]

i agree with this - i got a boxing fight on Sun, next week is all calories, creatine, BCAAs etc before recommencing training the week after.

[quote]nargoth16 wrote:
sjfou wrote:
Fish oil is beneficial for EVERYONE! -but id save your $$$ & not buy Flameout, get a generic brand, unless you have unlimited funds. BCAAs wont really help unless you workout, eat well.

It’s funny you say that, because in my research Flameout has been the cheapest per mg of Omega-3. Maybe I’m confused.[/quote]

im pretty sure whatever you can pickup at Costco would be cheaper… but im in Australia, we dont even have Costcos or Walmarts - the shipping kills me to buy from here!!!