BCAA During Workout?

Hey Folks:

A lot of writers have recommended taking BCAA’s during and after your workout, when on a cutting diet.

My question is when taking them during your workout will Biotest’s pill style dissolve and be utilized during the workout? Would I be better off taking them with some whey 30 minutes prior to my workout? Or should I just scrap them pre and during and just save them for after the workout?

Any thoughts?

[quote]fitfreak wrote:
Hey Folks:

A lot of writers have recommended taking BCAA’s during and after your workout, when on a cutting diet.

My question is when taking them during your workout will Biotest’s pill style dissolve and be utilized during the workout? Would I be better off taking them with some whey 30 minutes prior to my workout? Or should I just scrap them pre and during and just save them for after the workout?

Any thoughts?[/quote]

I’d take them during your workout.

[quote]fitfreak wrote:
Hey Folks:

Any thoughts?[/quote]

There is an article in Flex mag May, 2007 issue that refers to what they called NUTRIENT SATURATION.

The cocktail contained the following
: Glucose
: Vitargo
: EAS
: BCAAs
: Creatine
: Glutamine

All this was mixed w/applesauce and Gatorade; which you know contains sucrose, glucose, and electrolytes.

It is to be taken before and during workout.

I hadn’t thought of trying it; until coming across this thread. I think I’m going to give it a whirl. See how it goes.

Now remember I “read” this in a magazine. So take it as you will.

I’d say before, during, and after. I don’t know how long it takes for them to be absorbed, but it shouldn’t be any more than about 20 minutes, tops. Remember the BCAAs are absorbed more rapidly than other amino acids since they bypass the liver.

I started a thread on this about a month ago. It was called, “Different way to take BCAAs.”

Look it up, I got some decent answers.

-dizzle

[quote]fitfreak wrote:
Hey Folks:
My question is when taking them during your workout will Biotest’s pill style dissolve and be utilized during the workout? Would I be better off taking them with some whey 30 minutes prior to my workout?[/quote]

Pre-workout is far better, although 30 minutes is a stretch.

You’re right in that utilization during the workout is not ideal.

[quote]Big Jucee wrote:
fitfreak wrote:
Hey Folks:

Any thoughts?

There is an article in Flex mag May, 2007 issue that refers to what they called NUTRIENT SATURATION.

All this was mixed w/applesauce and Gatorade; which you know contains sucrose, glucose, and electrolytes.

I hadn’t thought of trying it; until coming across this thread. I think I’m going to give it a whirl. See how it goes.

[/quote]

Sweet jesus - follow that up with a Spike and you will have the workout of your life haha!

Which of ingredients would be most beneficial in helping you maintain exercise intensity through that particular workout? Just curious - currently on a carb restriction and my workouts are suffering hard.

Thanks =]

[quote]benmoore wrote:
Big Jucee wrote:
fitfreak wrote:
Hey Folks:

Any thoughts?

Sweet jesus - follow that up with a Spike and you will have the workout of your life haha!

Which of ingredients would be most beneficial in helping you maintain exercise intensity through that particular workout? Just curious - currently on a carb restriction and my workouts are suffering hard.

Thanks =][/quote]

Check this link vitargo.com/01UK/Index_Intro.html

I thought it was interesting.