Im starting BCAA’s next week. From everything I read I would take it like this:

Morning:
30 grams

post-workout:
30 grams w/ 60 gram protien shake

Before bed:
same as post-workout

Is this the right way to take them?

Its not a wrong way to take them but man you must be loaded to afford that much xD.

Anyway, as far as personal experience goes I use 10g before, 10 during, and an amount depending on how much are already in my post workout shake after training.

Your best bet is still to have more around your workouts.

It would be more beneficial to take them pre-workout.

[quote]AlexD wrote:
Its not a wrong way to take them but man you must be loaded to afford that much xD.

Anyway, as far as personal experience goes I use 10g before, 10 during, and an amount depending on how much are already in my post workout shake after training.

Your best bet is still to have more around your workouts.[/quote]

Hell no im not loaded. Thats just what it sais to take on my when protien shake. And I just assumed to take that much with the BCAA’s. Ill start taking the amount you reccomended. That will definitley help out with my $ situation.

I am a HUGE fan of peri-workout BCAA supplementation. 20-30g sipped on during your workout.

I’d say to do that instead of including them in your PWO shake.

There really is no WRONG way to take BCAA. They are just the amino acids leucine, isoleucine, valine. Protein is comprised of aminos. It’s almost like taking in extra g of protein except these specific aminos seem to play a more important role in protein synthesis.

I’d have your serving of bcaa peri-workout then a pwo shake with protein/carb.

DG

I managed to find again the above, its what Thib used to take.

But he does say in another article (like other coaches) that basically you could take as much as you can afford, but at some point the price outweights the benefits (and 30g 3 times a day are past that point).

Anyway, I think you should be able to feel the difference already with 10/10/x+shake= at least 10.