BCAA and Protein Correlation

Next question, how does one correlate BCAA with Protein intake? Example, 20g of BCAA equals 20g Protein. Right or wrong?

[quote]mudpro69 wrote:
Next question, how does one correlate BCAA with Protein intake? Example, 20g of BCAA equals 20g Protein. Right or wrong?[/quote]

My opinion is that is over doing it. I don’t nor have ever tried to calculate them into my overall protein intake. I just know that around training and first thing in the morning and before bed taking six to eight have helped to increase recovery and gains from training for me.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
mudpro69 wrote:
Next question, how does one correlate BCAA with Protein intake? Example, 20g of BCAA equals 20g Protein. Right or wrong?

My opinion is that is over doing it. I don’t nor have ever tried to calculate them into my overall protein intake. I just know that around training and first thing in the morning and before bed taking six to eight have helped to increase recovery and gains from training for me.

D[/quote]

20g of BCAA is NOT over doing it.

Yes you can count 20g of BCAA into your protein intake as far as I’m concerned but I don’t do it. I take my BCAA peri-workout only and I make sure to get enough protein in my diet without the aid of BCAA.

BCAA is the amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine, valine. Protein is comprised of amino acids. sorry I don’t have a list, but it can be found easily.

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
mudpro69 wrote:

D

20g of BCAA is NOT over doing it.

Yes you can count 20g of BCAA into your protein intake as far as I’m concerned but I don’t do it. I take my BCAA peri-workout only and I make sure to get enough protein in my diet without the aid of BCAA.

BCAA is the amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine, valine. Protein is comprised of amino acids. sorry I don’t have a list, but it can be found easily.

DG[/quote]

Agreed, I aim for 300g protein a day, rarely count, but when I do BCAAs are included. 20g of BCAA is not over doing it, but 20g of BCAAs taste offensive, chug em down.