T Nation

BBS Challenge

Alright been doing 531 for awhile now and recently saw the BBS template.

Does say to pick 1 or 2 of the lifts to follow the template, not all 4..

So let's say I choose bench and squat for the challenge, what should the ohp and DL days look like then? Or just do all 4 @ BBS template?

If you only decide to do it for 1 or 2 lifts, you can choose one of the other set/rep schemes for remaining lifts such as original 5/3/1 or FSL.

[quote]m0nkeh24 wrote:
Alright been doing 531 for awhile now and recently saw the BBS template.

Does say to pick 1 or 2 of the lifts to follow the template, not all 4…

So let’s say I choose bench and squat for the challenge, what should the ohp and DL days look like then? Or just do all 4 @ BBS template?[/quote]

Where are you looking at a description of the program?

On Jim’s site, right after that statement, he goes on to opine that “the training is not meant to be done for every lift but theoretically, it can be done…but judging by last 15 years of answering questions and writing programs, no one will listen to that.” This is then followed by a complete 13-cycle outline for each of the 5/3/1 core lifts.

Someone else might be able to answer how they incorporated it for 1 or 2 of the lifts, with another blend, but there are people who have done the plan as written for the all of the four core lifts. If you do so, note that he also states “I only recommend what is written and will not sign off on any change.”