BBQ Chicken

Hi friends,

On some days I am time poor, so I have been buying a whole BBQ chicken and eating that for a meal, along as with some vegetables.

Question is; aslong as I take the skin off, is the nutriitional value of the chicken the same as if I was too cook it myself on a grill/fry-pan? Or are the bad oils that I assume they coat the skin with passing through the skin of the chicken and embedding itself within the meat itself??

Thansk in advance.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:
Question is; aslong as I take the skin off, is the nutriitional value of the chicken the same as if I was too cook it myself on a grill/fry-pan? [/quote]

No, the nutritional value of the meal would be LESSENED if you choose to do without the chicken’s skin.

I don’t agree with your assumption, nor do I think that “bad oils” embed themselves any differently than “good oils.” And if we’re truly talking trans fats on their roasted birds, just quit buying from them. (especially when buying, buttering up, adding some herbs, and oven-roasting a whole bird at home is just as easy as it sounds)

edited