BBers Weak? Oly Squat 675x3, 765x1

you want to see something “off”, check this little dance out.

But if the 45’s are 25lb bumpers, thats a big difference and within the realm of what most of us will accept.

If this guy truly is that strong at that small of a size…

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
there is something about that, that just doesnt ring true to me.

He isnt a big guy, has a small waist, his knee’s shoot WAY forward… looking at that guy squat it looks like he would fall over if he didnt have the guy behind him. Something is just very off…

Either that guy has incredibly strong quads and knee’s for that matter, or this is the most obvious fraud I have ever seen.

To put it in perspective the strongest 220 squater out there who has to diet down from 242, trains raw and has done 675x3 in a monolift. And he has done 1050 at 220 without training in the suite. So if that guy is walking around at 200lbs and doing 675x3 easily with just a belt going deep as fuck, then we have a new world record holding squatter right there.

Something just seems off…[/quote]

He works out with one of Dante’s employees at the same gym Dante frequents. Someone at IM might know him?

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:

He isnt a big guy, has a small waist, his knee’s shoot WAY forward… looking at that guy squat it looks like he would fall over if he didnt have the guy behind him. Something is just very off…

Either that guy has incredibly strong quads and knee’s for that matter, or this is the most obvious fraud I have ever seen.

To put it in perspective the strongest 220 squater out there who has to diet down from 242, trains raw and has done 675x3 in a monolift. And he has done 1050 at 220 without training in the suite. So if that guy is walking around at 200lbs and doing 675x3 easily with just a belt going deep as fuck, then we have a new world record holding squatter right there.

Something just seems off…[/quote]

200 is his competition weight. 220-230 is his offseason weight, which is still pretty lean if he’s weighing 220-230 in those videos.

And he may not be “big” by IFBB pro standards, or powerlifting standards, but the dude is a tank. 5’10 220-230 with visible abs is nothing to sneeze at.

Again, these are amazing lifts, but I don’t think they are out of the realm of possibility.

Then:
2/21/2007
Full Power
242 Class Brad Castleberry 227.5 182.5 295

Now:
2/09/2008

Less than a year later, adds 175lbs (for a double) on his squat? Oh, there used to be a video of him benching 675 (with a big spot) without wrist wraps as well. So in about a year and a half, he went from a 1551 total to a 2100+ raw total as a 220. That would give him a bigger total than top ranked raw former NFL super heavyweight Beau Moore.

the knees and the squat look fine, and it seems like the lifts LOOk real… this is 21, right?

yeah, I call shenanigans. If this isn’t out of the realm of possibility then it is setting a new standard for everyone.

No Olympic shoes but it looks like his center of gravity is waaay behind his heels. It looks like he’s leaning against his spotter maybe, but that’s still pretty out there. If it’s real then he has crazy strong quads, and knees too.

All of these lifts are very impressive.

Kroc (Matt Kroczaleski)
DL 733(220) 783(220) 810 (242)
Squat 970 (220 suit) 545 x 10 (quad tear)

This guy is a bit smaller than Kroc.

His lifts are proportionally lower.

I doubt that this guy is using fake plates with 10 people in the background watching at a gym that Dante’s homeboy’s frequent.

I’ve watched a 181 (before water cut he was probably 200 below 10% bf) squat 600 x 2 Raw, and he was built very similar to the youtube dude (and Kroc).

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Mega Newb wrote:

Something just seems off…

200 is his competition weight. 220-230 is his offseason weight, which is still pretty lean if he’s weighing 220-230 in those videos.

And he may not be “big” by IFBB pro standards, or powerlifting standards, but the dude is a tank. 5’10 220-230 with visible abs is nothing to sneeze at.

Again, these are amazing lifts, but I don’t think they are out of the realm of possibility. [/quote]

it could be true, sure. But if you didnt see the lift, just saw his squat form, him on stage, and then they told you he could olympic squat well over 800lbs with kne wraps at 230lbs… would you believe him?

I wouldnt, shit I just watched the video again, and I still have a hard time believeing it.

Looking at his hamstrings and glute and lower back dont look anything like a 800lb squaters. Shit, ronnie coleman trained with real heavy weight and his legs and lower back dwarfed this guys, and I REALLY doubt he could squat 765 with just a belt going as deep as this guy…

His quads are really the only thing that look like they could move the weight, but honestly, quads alone cant squat that weight. Looking at that guy Im surprized that he didnt just crumble into a ball on the floor with 765 on his back.

Hes big… but the other guys who can squat that are way bigger.

what ever tho, if he can do it, he can do it. Cant fault someone for lifting more weight than they look like they can.

[quote]matso1236 wrote:
I dont know about those squats but 2 things that stand out to me are the grip strength he has for repping out 405 like 20 times, and the way he handles 120lb on those flies…[/quote]

He has straps on the 405 for 20 deadlift… I don’t know those deadlift vids are weird with spotters…

This one is even stranger.

Here he is doing deadlifts without a spotter… Looks like 585 to me.

He is obviously really strong but some of the vids are just a little fishy…

[quote]Kalle wrote:

This one is even stranger.

[/quote]

What the fuck? Homey was clearly helping him - why would you do that?

Was the dude helping him break it off the floor to get past a sticking point?

That was odd!

Form, help or whatever, the kid is strong. I found some new inspiration, and like another poster said, with a squat like that, you’re allowed to pose. Stop hating and recognise talent and genetics people, there are always people stronger than you.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:

it could be true, sure. But if you didnt see the lift, just saw his squat form, him on stage, and then they told you he could olympic squat well over 800lbs with kne wraps at 230lbs… would you believe him?

I wouldnt, shit I just watched the video again, and I still have a hard time believeing it.

Looking at his hamstrings and glute and lower back dont look anything like a 800lb squaters. Shit, ronnie coleman trained with real heavy weight and his legs and lower back dwarfed this guys, and I REALLY doubt he could squat 765 with just a belt going as deep as this guy…

His quads are really the only thing that look like they could move the weight, but honestly, quads alone cant squat that weight. Looking at that guy Im surprized that he didnt just crumble into a ball on the floor with 765 on his back.

what ever tho, if he can do it, he can do it. Cant fault someone for lifting more weight than they look like they can.

[/quote]

I probably would believe it if he hadn’t done a full meet last year and squatted 500lbs. But putting 250+lbs on the squat in less than 2 years?

I also question why he took down the video of him benching 675 and his 150lbs buddies benching 405 for reps.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
Mega Newb wrote:

I probably would believe it if he hadn’t done a full meet last year and squatted 500lbs. But putting 250+lbs on the squat in less than 2 years?

I also question why he took down the video of him benching 675 and his 150lbs buddies benching 405 for reps.[/quote]

now that’s interesting.

i don’t typically care what others are lifting but when iwatched the video of the squats, i was like “damn, he made that look easy”. and i know what 700lb plus feels like on my shoulders. At a bodyweight of 280, i’ve squatted 720 and it didn’t look anything like that. i brought it out of the rack slow, brought it down slow and worked my ass off to squat it, then racking it was a bitch.

there are some freaks of nature out there that seem to defy the notion that big weights = big bodyweight.

just goes to show that gym lifts are worth shit… it only really counts if it’s done in front of a judge on a platform.

ridiculous lifts, no doubt.
I don’t want to believe they’re real because I can’t even begin to approach those numbers… but that’s me just being jealous I guess.
time to train harder and eat bigger than ever before!

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
johnnytang24 wrote:
Mega Newb wrote:

I also question why he took down the video of him benching 675 and his 150lbs buddies benching 405 for reps.

now that’s interesting.

i don’t typically care what others are lifting but when iwatched the video of the squats, i was like “damn, he made that look easy”. and i know what 700lb plus feels like on my shoulders. At a bodyweight of 280, i’ve squatted 720 and it didn’t look anything like that. i brought it out of the rack slow, brought it down slow and worked my ass off to squat it, then racking it was a bitch.

there are some freaks of nature out there that seem to defy the notion that big weights = big bodyweight.

just goes to show that gym lifts are worth shit… it only really counts if it’s done in front of a judge on a platform.

[/quote]

so to get this straight:

did a meet 2 years ago where he squated 500, last year he had a video of a 765 raw squat… he had video’s of him and his 150lb buddies benching 405-500-585 and even 675lbs. He deadlifted 675x2 with a spot yet could get 765… he olympic squats 765lbs yet his deadlift incolves no legs what so ever… doesnt look like he could squat 585 with that form/body size…

taking all of this into cnsideration Im going to have to call fraud on this stuff.

Either its fraud, or he is training wih the most elite small guy team in the world, where they all use poor form to lift insane ammounts of weight… and they compete only to hit 250lbs under their best lifts in order to keep their league or extrordinarily small strong lifters a secret.

I squatted 700 in knee wraps and I can tell you that until I see that guy lift the weight in competition or do it infront of me with my gyms plates I wont believe he could do 765 raw. His form alone doesnt look like it woud physically allow him to lift that much weight even if he weighed 400lbs.

All I know is a 500 squat… isnt a 765 squat 1 year later. Especiallynot for a “life time natural” who only weighs a 230lbs.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
maraudermeat wrote:
johnnytang24 wrote:
Mega Newb wrote:

now that’s interesting.

so to get this straight:

did a meet 2 years ago where he squated 500, last year he had a video of a 765 raw squat… he had video’s of him and his 150lb buddies benching 405-500-585 and even 675lbs. He deadlifted 675x2 with a spot yet could get 765… he olympic squats 765lbs yet his deadlift incolves no legs what so ever… doesnt look like he could squat 585 with that form/body size…

taking all of this into cnsideration Im going to have to call fraud on this stuff.

Either its fraud, or he is training wih the most elite small guy team in the world, where they all use poor form to lift insane ammounts of weight… and they compete only to hit 250lbs under their best lifts in order to keep their league or extrordinarily small strong lifters a secret.

I squatted 700 in knee wraps and I can tell you that until I see that guy lift the weight in competition or do it infront of me with my gyms plates I wont believe he could do 765 raw. His form alone doesnt look like it woud physically allow him to lift that much weight even if he weighed 400lbs.

All I know is a 500 squat… isnt a 765 squat 1 year later. Especiallynot for a “life time natural” who only weighs a 230lbs.
[/quote]

Yeah, but he’s doing DC.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

I don’t buy it. Even Rezazadeh has a tough time doing 672 for a deep Olympic double.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
he is training with the most elite small guy team in the world
[/quote]

hahahaha

Quoting Dante of DoggCrap fame

Ive lifted in that gym in that exact spot with those exact weights. Justin Harris lifted in that gym with me in September in that exact spot with those weights. Mike Parretta who at one time was very close to the deadlift record lifts in that gym in that exact same spot with those same weights…I guess we are all candy ass Nancyboys using fake 45 pound plates.

A guy from getbig went to that gym and put the 45 pound plates on the scale and they came out as…45 pounds…havent we already been thru this already?