BBC: Steroids on Par With Heroin

That is, use is estimated to be similar to the number of users on heroin. Interesting, but again only spreads additional paranoia for false risks and consequences of only inappropriate use.

Umm yeah I don’t know what to say about that

This was made a huge deal of yesterday on BBC news. They had all kinds of “experts” on discussing it, but they didn’t come up with very much, seemed like an effort to re-in-force that steroids are a horrible thing and compared them with heroin…All a bit silly really, but what do you expect from the BBC.

ShadoW

i love this quote

“It’s all about being big, muscular, toned, and they can gain that much quicker using steroids than they ever can working out,” she says."

i dident realize gear made you huge wihout even doing anything.

Given that pure heroin is not nearly as bad as its rep, that sounds about right.

Whens the last time you got a hold of… I mean heard about… pure heroin. If he says its pure, your source (of information) is probably lying to you.

The article makes absolutely no claim as to whether steroids or more harmful than heroin. They just imply it by associating the two on an unrelated quality (usage numbers). Bastards.

Hey atleast they didn’t overtly try to say that steroids are more addictive than opiates.

Is it just me, or are the brits really really wacky?

Its all for losers.

I don’t see how they can be on par. The majority of people who use steroids do so with in accordance with training in an effort to reap the benefits even more so.

Heroin addicts use heroin in order to experience the direct effects in a stand alone fashion.

Not trying to say that one is more admirable than the other but I just don’t see how people could compare.

[quote]Taquito wrote:
The article makes absolutely no claim as to whether steroids or more harmful than heroin. They just imply it by associating the two on an unrelated quality (usage numbers). Bastards.
[/quote]

Considering it mentions the harmful effects of steroids, and that heroine is not harmful to the body, it does. I think they just wanted to compare usage of two illegal substances, for whatever reason.

Lol, I’d like to have an outsider’s perspective as to why we’re ‘wacky’.

I can think of some reasons myself but I’d prefer to hear from a non-Brit.