BBC News Report: 'Bigorexia'

Yeah I saw this too.

Goes hand in hand with the phrase: “The day you started lifting is the day you became forever small.”

Although honestly this in and of itself isn’t a disorder, the disorder is usually depression and anxiety or OCD, the training is just the scapegoat just like girls that think they’re fat or people that think they aren’t wanted, etc.

The concern here is people that start doing stupid things like juicing and insulining and syntholing and getting heavily depressed that they aren’t big enough.

One of the ways people get better is by telling themselves that they aren’t good enough. Some people however take that to the extreme.

That first guy has a hell of a physique. Definitely one of the most balanced I’ve seen. Super impressive for a natty. Just goes to show how powerful obsession is, I guess.

I know a few guys who would probably fall under the umbrella of “bigorexia”. Seems to be a lot of guys who started lifting because they were unhappy about their bodies (too fat, too skinny, etc.) lean in this direction. But it seems that all too often fixing one’s body doesn’t fix all of the issues underlying why people begin the journey to fix their bodies. While I don’t agree with all this fat acceptance stuff that’s basically promoting obesity, I can definitely get behind the idea of body positivity. Accept who you are, but don’t use it as an excuse for complacence and don’t feel entitled that other people should have to love you for who you are. Train because you enjoy it.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:
That first guy has a hell of a physique. Definitely one of the most balanced I’ve seen. Super impressive for a natty. Just goes to show how powerful obsession is, I guess.

[/quote]

Agreed. Looks like he has some pretty decent genetics. I’m curious how long he’s been at it. I don’t recall if they mentioned it or not.

The further along you get, the more you realize how much further you need to go. It’s like the proverbial carrot at the end of a stick. You never quite get it.

Or similar to Science peeling back the layers of an onion…

always deeper levels to go…

to philisophical ?