T Nation

BBB, Squats Every Workout?

I am wanting to and feel that it is now a good plan to switch to a split routine moving away from the full body organizations I have been running for so long.

I think BBB is a good fit for me. I will use one of the templates from your beyond book.

here is my question though…

Although I think moving to a less taxing split routine is the right move for my training I am not willing to compromise on the principle of squatting every time i workout. This principle is something I have founded my training and life around and I believe it to be one of, if not, the most important part of training to me for a multitude of reasons.

So, rather than butcher one of your programs I was wondering if you could give me some direction on how to structure a program that incorporates the BBB idea but that would allow me to squat everyday. What are your thoughts?

I would have to develop a five cycle plan to do this - and no way I would ever advise someone to do BBB for all five cycles. Just nothing I would ever do.

Training is much more than squatting.

Understood.

What then, would be a better plan of action? If the goal was to focus a little more on physique, reduce the stress that a full body template produces, (but still with the mindset of making progress on the main lifts) and obviously squatting every workout.

I wrote a template a year or so ago called “bodybuild the upper/athlete the lower” - it doesn’t have squatting every day but life is sometimes unfair, so deal with it. it’s good shit, but you have to be willing to actually do the athlete work. I assume being fucking awesome is a goal?

It’s on my forum.

If you don’t want to do that, I’ve written probably 100 different templates to choose from in the last year or so. I’d check those out.

Favorite Wendler Quotes

ah, Mr Wendler is sipping on the “patience juice” . . . . .