T Nation

BBB/Juggernaut

Just started the second wave of Juggernaut (8s) doing BBB for assistance.

The first workout of the first wave (5x10 squats & 5x10 RDL) made me lose my guts. Since then I’ve been feeling pretty good, strength seems to be climbing despite the higher reps.

Anyone else tried this?

I don’t know what Juggernaut training working % is but JW has BBB prescribed as 50-55% on a general basis (excluding the BBB challenge).

But I think the moral is to not create franken-programs.

Good point, but I you never know until someone does it. I’d normally do more PL style assistance to build lifts, but I’m not competing again until later this year (mainly because my fiance will murder me if I hurt myself :P).

[quote]MegaDavo891 wrote:
Just started the second wave of Juggernaut (8s) doing BBB for assistance.

The first workout of the first wave (5x10 squats & 5x10 RDL) made me lose my guts. Since then I’ve been feeling pretty good, strength seems to be climbing despite the higher reps.

Anyone else tried this?[/quote]

I prefer the lower reps like 8’s instead of 10’s on the lower body, I like the 10’s for the upper, I actually like to do a set of 6, then 10 10 10 10

Yeah i’m getting back to the 5’s wave but have a torn ligament in my back. My younger brother is a few cycles into it and recently pulled 250kg deadlift at 80kg BW in a comp with no suit so hes a big believer in it lol. Plently of variation in the program with the different rep ranges and exercise variations. Keep going.

I like it for back and front squats. Not sure I liked it much for pressing though. Next time I run it for lower body I’m going to do each cycle twice (still increasing weight each month). So I will do 2 months in a row of 10s, then 2 of 8s, etc adding 5-10lbs each month.

you must do the 5/3/1, it is science