BBB for Precontest Training?

Just wondering if anybody has ever used the Big Beyond Belief type of workout for precontest prep? Also, what type of cardio did you do as well ( highintensity ot low )

Thanks In advance,

Pars

Huh, I’d imagine BBB to be a rather poor choice, especially during the second half of the prep… With the cal. deficit etc, your whole body doesn’t recover all that well anymore and you have little joint “padding”…
I’d be worried about tearing stuff etc.

Plus HIIT cardio with BBB? Maybe on the 4-day variant…

Maybe MODOK has some personal experience using BBB precontest?

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Huh, I’d imagine BBB to be a rather poor choice, especially during the second half of the prep… With the cal. deficit etc, your whole body doesn’t recover all that well anymore and you have little joint “padding”…

[/quote]

Point well taken- I was just curious if anybody had tried it. For example I know some guys stay on DC all the way through their prep - just with higher rep ranges. Perhaps the same could be done on BBB? Not sure- like I said more curious than anything else.

Pars

[quote]pars wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

Point well taken- I was just curious if anybody had tried it. For example I know some guys stay on DC all the way through their prep - just with higher rep ranges. Perhaps the same could be done on BBB? Not sure- like I said more curious than anything else.

Pars

[/quote]

BBB has twice the frequency of DC though (both in training days and amount of times you train each muscle-group per week), with only 1 day off and ultimately more strain on a given muscle-group due to the amount of sets. I would not do that to my joints and tendons during prep…

As I said, try contacting MODOK, and perhaps DH.

The high volume in combination with some logical sense… hell no. It’s like MODOK says, it will be a complete suicide mission with guaranteed death.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Bad, bad choice for pre-contest. I’d rather jack up my car, remove the wheels, crawl under, and kick the jack.

We’ve discussed this quite a bit. BBB is ONLY for getting big and strong. It REQUIRES excess caloric and nitrogen balance. To try to do it with a pre-contest diet is unreal insane.[/quote]

ok-ok- I got it- There was a guy over at Muscle Mayhem who did use for part ( or all ) of his prep.

I was just wondering if anybody else ever tried it-

Thanks for the input!

Pars